Frequently Asked Questions
What is Binance Gift Card?
Binance Gift Card allows you to send and receive cryptocurrency in a fast, simple and customizable way — all with zero fees. It can be sent to both Binance and non-Binance users via email or text. Some key benefits include:
- Deposit and withdraw crypto with simple steps;
- 30+ thematic templates to celebrate the crypto lifestyle;
- Create crypto gift cards using stablecoins and fiat currencies;
- “Restrict Recipient” function for enhanced security;
- Bind your referral code to invite new Binance users easily.
How to buy a Gift Card?
1. Log in to your Binance App and tap [Profile] - [Gift Card].
2. Tap the [+] button at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap [Buy Gift Card].
Alternatively, you can also select your preferred Gift Cards under the [Token Gift Cards] or [Themed Gift Cards] section on the Binance Gift Card homepage to get started.
4. Select the crypto you want to send and enter the amount. You can also customize the design of your Gift Card by tapping [Change theme]. Next, tap [Buy now] to continue and then tap on [Confirm].
5. Complete 2FA to confirm the transaction. The amount will be deducted from your Spot/Funding Wallet accordingly.
How to send a Gift Card?
1. After successfully buying a gift card, tap [Send] to send the gift card via text, email, or a Binance account.
2.1 Send via text
Select [Send via text]. Tap [Copy code] to copy the redemption code, or tap [Copy entire text] to copy the message and send the gift card to your recipient.
2.2 Send via email
Select [Send via Email] and enter the recipient’s email. You can also include a message for them at this step. Before confirming the transfer, tap [Preview] to preview the email. Then tap [Send] once you’ve confirmed the amount and email content.
2.3 Send to account
Select [Send to account], then enter the recipient’s Binance account email address or phone number. After confirming the amount, tap [Send] to send the gift card.
Please refer to How Do I Redeem a Gift Card on Binance for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I find the Binance Gift Card function?
For mobile users, you can find it in the Binance App. Please make sure your App is updated to iOS 2.32.0 or Android 1.43.0 or above.
You can access Binance Gift Card from [Profile] - [Gift Card] on the Binance App.
For web users, you can visit https://www.binance.com/en/gift-card.
2. Are there any fees for creating, sending, or redeeming the Gift Card?
Creating, sending and redeeming Binance gift cards are free of charge at the moment. Fees may occur on specific occasions.
3. Will the Gift Card expire?
General gift cards do not have an expiration date. For gift cards issued for special activities and purposes, they may come with an expiration date and users will be notified of the date.
4. Are gift cards reloadable?
No, gift cards are not reloadable at the moment.
5. What currencies do gift cards support?
Binance Gift Card supports most of the cryptocurrencies listed in the Funding Wallet.
6. What is the difference between add card and redeem card?
When your friend receives a gift card, they can either redeem the gift card to credit the crypto to their Funding Wallet immediately, or add the gift card to their account to redeem it later. For security reasons, we suggest the recipients do either way as soon as they receive the gift card.
7. Can gift cards be redeemed partially?
No, gift cards can only be redeemed in full amount. Once redeemed, the crypto will be fully credited to the Funding Wallet.
8. If the gift card has been successfully added to an account but hasn’t been redeemed, is it possible that it will be redeemed by those who know the gift card code?
Every gift card code can only be used once. When users add the gift card to their account, they become the owner of the gift card, no one can add or redeem the gift card again by entering the same gift card code. The moment when the user adds the gift card to their account, the gift card code will be changed completely.
9. If I receive a gift card but do not want to redeem it, can I send it to someone else?
Yes, you can. You have to add the gift card to your account first, once the gift card is added successfully, you can tap [Send] to send it to others via text or email.
10. If I received a gift card and sent it to another user, can the original gift card creator redeem the same gift card?
If you have not added the gift card to your account, then the original owner can still redeem the same gift card.
However, if you added the gift card to your account first, then you become the owner of the gift card, no one can add or redeem the gift card by entering the original gift card code. When you send it to another user, a completely new gift card code will be generated.
11. What is the difference between the gift card code and the gift card number?
The gift card code is used to redeem or add the gift card to your account. It should be kept private as anyone with the code can use it to redeem the gift card.
The gift card number is used to check the balance and the status of the gift card. It can be shared with another user to check whether the gift card is redeemed or not.
12. If I have already added the gift card to my account, do I need to enter the gift card code again to redeem it?
No, you can redeem it directly.
13. If I send the gift card to the wrong email address or person, can I withdraw the gift card?
You cannot withdraw the gift card. However, you can choose to redeem the gift card yourself via [My Cards] - [Sent Cards] before the recipient adds or redeems it. Simply tap on the gift card you want to redeem and tap [Redeem].
14. How do I link my referral code to a Gift Card?
To link your referral code to a Gift Card, please refer to How do I Refer a Friend to Binance with Gift Card.