Portfolio Margin incorporates a unique approach to order management. It allows traders to utilize various order types based on their trading strategies, which can optimize risk management across multiple accounts. This article will focus on the order logic in the Portfolio Margin mode, with the available order types, execution, and the potential limitations you may encounter.
Order types in Portfolio Margin
In the Portfolio Margin mode, you can access a wide range of order types, including:
- Market Orders: Market orders execute immediately at the best available market price.
- Limit Orders: Limit orders are executed at a specified price or better. They give you more control over the price at which you buy or sell the asset.
- Stop Limit Orders: It combines a stop order and a limit order. When the stop price is reached, the limit order will be triggered on the order book.
- Stop Market Orders: Similar to stop limit orders, stop market orders trigger a market order when the stop price is reached.
- Trailing Stop Orders: This order type adjusts the stop price by a fixed amount or percentage as the market moves in favor of your position.
- Stop Profit & Loss for positions and Advanced Take Profit (TP) and Stop Loss (SL) for orders are not supported under the Portfolio Margin mode.
- Conditional orders support API. For more details, please refer to the Binance Portfolio Margin API.
Conditional orders and execution in Portfolio Margin
Advanced order types, such as stop limit, stop market, trailing stop, are also known as strategy orders. They are executed through a separate strategy service system, which adds an additional layer of complexity to the Portfolio Margin order logic.
The execution of conditional orders, such as stop limit, stop market, trailing stop orders, is subject to various factors, such as market conditions. Therefore, they cannot guarantee execution. Please take note of all potential risks when placing these types of orders, Binance shall not be liable for any resulting losses.
Unsupported order modification via API in Portfolio Margin
It is important to note that Binance's Portfolio Margin trading API does not support order modifications yet. If you need to cancel an existing order via API, you can use the cancel order endpoints.
Please refer to this FAQ for a list of the supported endpoints in Portfolio Margin.
How to check my conditional orders in the Portfolio Margin trading interface?
Conditional orders are managed separately in the trading interface, which lets you manage your positions more effectively.
Before being triggered, you can view them under the [Untriggered Orders] tab from [Open Orders] or [Order History].
Once a strategy order is triggered, it will be moved to the [Normal Orders] tab.
Cross-system interaction and potential limitations
Portfolio Margin benefits from cross-system interaction between the main trading platform and the strategy service system. It enhances the versatility and capabilities of users’ trading experience. However, network latency and other factors might occasionally cause minor disruptions.
For example, brief synchronization delays might occur when you cancel an order or view your order history. They could result in a slight lag in cancellation requests or order status updates. Rest assured that these instances are not frequent and can generally be resolved quickly.
Reduce Only order logic in Portfolio Margin
In Portfolio Margin, the Reduce Only order logic differs from the one-way position mode in the default mode. Reduce Only orders are used to close a position or decrease its size, and cannot be placed to open a position in the opposite direction.
For more details on the Binance Portfolio Margin Program, please refer to:
- Introduction to Binance Portfolio Margin Mode
- How to Activate the Portfolio Margin Mode on Binance
- How to View Portfolio Margin Information from Your Binance Account and Trading Interface
- Binance Portfolio Margin Trading Rules
- What Is the Unified Account Maintenance Margin Ratio (uniMMR) And How Is It Calculated
- How Does Liquidation Work in the Binance Portfolio Margin Account
- Auto Fund Transfer Functions and Interest Rates in the Binance Portfolio Margin Mode
- Binance Portfolio Margin Mode Supported Collateral and Rates
- Binance Portfolio Margin API
- Terms and Conditions of Binance Portfolio Margin