Binance Masterclass 2020: Providing Free Crypto Education to Over 70,000 Africans
In the African market, many forex and cryptocurrency traders get started by paying local companies and KOLs for trading courses. These lessons, which are considered as the entry point for many newbies into crypto trading, cost an average of $200, and this high cost raises the barrier of entry into crypto for many people.
As of today, the Binance Africa team has organized more than 400+ free events in 2020, getting attendees across 40+ countries (mostly African) online and offline. Specifically, our Binance Masterclass for Africa series provided necessary crypto education for over 30,000+ confirmed attendees and reaching over 70,000+ people via registrations and YouTube views.
Stage One: Physical Binance Masterclass
- On 24th January 2020, the first Binance Masterclass was initiated in Benin City, Nigeria. This six-hour intensive seminar, which included a very comprehensive crash course into understanding everything about Bitcoin, blockchain, trading, etc., and was attended by 222 people.
- On 4th February 2020, the Binance Africa team launched a Campus Ambassador program with 7 ambassadors in 7 universities. These ambassadors have hosted 30 campus webinars and 100+ AMAs monthly in 2020.
- On 22nd February 2020, Binance Nigeria took the Binance Masterclass to Abuja, a major city in Nigeria, where the basics in cryptocurrencies and trading are discussed. We had hoped to bring the Masterclass to more cities, but the challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic put a halt to offline events.
Stage Two: Online Binance MasterClass
Following the impact of COVID-19, we took everything virtual
- On 10th-11th April 2020 (two days), the first online Binance Masterclass series in Nigeria occurred. We got 500 RSVPs and an even bigger number of actual attendees at an official count of 836.
- On 30th May 2020, we held the first Binance Masterclass featuring South African speakers and open to attendees from all of Africa: 1,231 people took part in this event.
- On 21st June 2020, the Masterclass discussed crypto OTC trading, Binance P2P, and more specific crypto topics, with the help of Olaleye Awe of Alpha Training Lab. 631 people took part in this event.
- From July to October 2020, we held monthly virtual 3-day Binance Masterclasses for all of Africa reaching over 4,000 attendees each month. By our October Masterclass, we had a record-breaking 12,513 confirmed attendees (and this figure doesn’t include our YouTube streams).
- Since the masterclass in October, there has been an additional 17,721 views on YouTube. We have also issued Binance Masterclass Certificates on BNB Smart Chain to thousands of attendees who complete the three-day courses.
Meanwhile, with our Binance Campus Ambassador program in Nigeria and all other educational events, we have been able to reach an additional 10,000 Africans - and many of which are still students. Beyond our Binance Masterclass and Binance Campus Ambassador programs, we launched the #MyBinanceClass series in Q4 with over 1,000 tutor applications - crypto enthusiasts who are keen to educate their communities. Over the month of November, we worked with 200+ of our over 600 approved tutors (those who passed the application test) who held over 258 classes spanning over 20,000+ minutes for their family and friends across Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Kenya, and more reaching a confirmed attendance of over 6,000 people.
We look forward to educating more people around the world about crypto in 2021!