Binance Bahrain Privacy Notice
Last updated: 8 March, 2023
Binance Bahrain B.S.C. (closed) (“Binance”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers, and we take our data protection responsibilities with the utmost seriousness.
Binance will comply with all applicable data protection laws. This Privacy Notice describes how Binance collects and processes your personal information (“you”, “your”, “I”, “my” or “user”) through Binance’s websites and applications that reference this Privacy Notice. Binance refers to an ecosystem comprising Binance websites (whose domain name includes but is not limited to https://www.binance.bh), mobile applications clients, applets and other applications that are developed to offer Binance Services, as well as independently operated platforms, websites and clients within the ecosystem (e.g. Binance Launchpad, Binance Labs, Binance Charity and fiat gateways). This Privacy Notice applies to all personal information processing activities carried out by us, across platforms and websites of Binance and its Affiliates.
By using the services provided by Binance, you are consenting to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Binance Bahrain B.S.C. (closed), registered in the Kingdom of Bahrain (registration number 152370), and with its registered offices at Block 316, Road 365, Building 1, Flat 907, Manama, Bahrain is the Data Controller for personal information collected and processed in connection with the provision of the Binance Services.
1. What personal information does Binance collect? Why does Binance process my personal information? What is the legal basis for the processing activities?
What personal information does Binance collect and process?
Why does Binance process my personal information?
Legal Basis for our use of personal information
- email address
- date of birth
- home address
- phone number
- device ID
- a video recording
- Transaction services. We use your personal information to process your orders, and to communicate with you.
- Communicate with you: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Binance.
-We collect and process identity information and sensitive personal data (as detailed in section 1) to comply with our Know Your Business (“KYB”) and Know Your Customer (‘’KYC’’) obligations under applicable laws and regulations, and anti-money laundering laws and regulations.
Performance of a contract with the data subject. When we provide you with products or services or communicate with you about them. This includes when we use your personal information to take and handle orders, and process payments.
Legal requirements to comply with our legal obligations under applicable laws and regulations, and anti-money laundering laws and regulations.
Your consent when we ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to such withdrawal.
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet.
- login, e-mail address, password and location of your device or computer.
- Binance’s metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, and your settings preferences).
- version and time zone settings.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Binance’s services: We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Binance Services.
Our legitimate interests are to ensure the proper functioning of our business operations and the interests of our users when for example, we detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, ourselves or others.
Performance of contract with the data subject, when we provide you with products or services, or communicate with you about them. This includes when we use your personal information to take and handle orders, and process payments.
Legal requirements that we need to comply with concerning identifying customers, preventing fraud and/or abuse and avoiding non-compliance.
- transaction history
- information from other sources: we may receive information about you from other sources, such as credit history information from credit bureaus
Fraud prevention. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, Binance’s services and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
Our legitimate interests and the interests of our users when, for example, we detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, ourselves, or others.
Legal obligation; to comply with our legal obligations under applicable laws and regulations, and anti-money laundering laws and regulations.
- Information about your behavior: we may process information about you on your behavior and your activity for marketing and advertising purposes
- Improve our services: We process personal information to improve our services and for you to have a better user experience.
- Recommendations and personalisation: We use your personal information to recommend features and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with the Binance Services.
Our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Your consent when we ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data for that purpose. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to such withdrawal.
We firmly believe that where the above table states that we rely on our legitimate interests for a given purpose, this is not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms. Therefore, If you wish to obtain further information, please contact email@example.com.
Sensitive categories of personal data
The term “sensitive categories of personal data” refers to the various categories of personal data identified by data privacy regulations as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent from you. These categories include racial or ethnic origin, political or philosophical opinions, religious beliefs, trade union affiliation, data relating to their health, criminal records or any data relating to orientation.
Due to the type of services provided we might need to process certain types of personal data. In the limited cases where we collect such data, we will do so in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law No. (30) of 2018 of the Kingdom of Bahrain (the “Bahrain Data Protection Law”) and/or ask for your consent when needed.
2. Can minors use the Binance Services?
We do not allow anyone under the age of 21 to use our Services and do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 21.
3. What about cookies and other identifiers?
4. Does Binance share my personal information?
Information about our users is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our users' personal information to others. Binance shares users' personal information with third parties (including other Binance group entities) if we believe that sharing your personal information is in accordance with, or required by, any contractual relationship with you, or us, applicable law, regulation or legal process. When sharing your personal information with other Binance group entities, we will use our best efforts to ensure that such entities are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
We may also share personal information with the following persons:
- Third party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. These third-party service providers only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with our contractual agreements and as only permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Legal authorities: We may be required by law or by court or other legal mandate to disclose certain information about you or any engagement we may have with you to relevant regulatory, law enforcement and/or other competent authorities. We will disclose information about you to the authorities to the extent we are obliged to do so according to applicable laws. We may also need to share your information in order to enforce or apply our legal rights or to prevent fraud.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the user consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Binance or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, user information will be one of the transferred assets.
5. International transfers of personal information
To facilitate our global operations, Binance may transfer your personal information outside the Kingdom of Bahrain. Binance puts in place suitable safeguards to ensure that such transfers are carried out in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
Where Binance transfers personal information to affiliates or service providers, Binance relies on the latest standard contractual clauses of Bahrain Data Protection Law’.
6. How secure is my information?
We design our systems with paramount importance placed on the security and privacy of your data. We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your information being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission and while stored by using encryption protocols and software.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
Our security procedures mean that we may ask you to verify your identity to protect you against unauthorised access to your account password. We recommend using a unique password for your Binance account that is not utilized for other online accounts and to sign off when you finish using your shared computer.
7. What about advertising?
In order for us to provide you with the best user experience, we may share your personal information with our marketing partners for the purposes of targeting, modeling, and/or analytics as well as marketing and advertising.
You have a right to object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
8. What rights do I have?
When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
As outlined below, you have a number of rights in relation to your privacy and the protection of your personal information. You have the right to request access, rectify and erase your personal information and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal information or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal information in certain instances. In addition, when you consent to our processing of your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time. you have the rights enumerated below. If you wish to do any of these things, please use the webform available here. These rights may be limited in some situations - for example, where we can demonstrate we have a legal requirement to process your personal data.
- Right to access: you have the right to obtain confirmation that your personal information is processed and to obtain a copy of it as well as certain information related to its processing;
- Right to rectification: you can request the rectification of your personal information which is inaccurate, or incomplete. You can also change your personal information in your Binance Account at any time;
- Right to erasure: you can, in some cases, have your personal information deleted;
- Right to object: you can object, for reasons relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information. For instance, you have the right to object where we rely on legitimate interest or where we process your data for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to restrict processing: you have the right, in certain cases, to temporarily restrict the processing of your personal information by us, provided there are valid grounds for doing so. We may continue to process your personal information if it is necessary for the defense of legal claims, or for any other exceptions permitted by applicable laws;
- Right to portability: in some cases, you can ask to receive your personal information which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or, when this is possible, that we communicate your personal information on your behalf directly to another data controller;
- Right to withdraw your consent: for processing requiring your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Exercising this right does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before the withdrawal of the latter.
If you have any questions or objections as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact us using the webform available here
9. How long does Binance keep my personal information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of the Binance Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfill the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law for record keeping purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you. Additionally, identity information and special categories of personal data may be retained for 10 years to comply with regulatory record keeping requirements and anti-money laundering laws.
10. Contact information
Our data protection officer can be contacted using the webform available here or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and will work to address any questions or issues that you might have with respect to the collection and processing of your personal information.
11. Notices and revisions
If you have any concerns about privacy at Binance, please contact us, and we will try to resolve it. You also have the right to contact your local Data Protection Authority.
Our business changes regularly, and our Privacy Notice may change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes.