General Risk Warning
Binance Bahrain BSC (c.)
A. How to interpret this Risk Warning
The General Risk Warning provides users with information about the risks associated with trading in Crypto Assets and the Services provided by Binance. Users are strongly advised to read this General Risk Warning carefully before deciding to start trading on the Platform.
The risks outlined in this statement are not exhaustive and only describe the general nature of the risks involved with trading Crypto Assets. The intention of this statement is just to outline the risks, and not to discuss in detail all the risks associated with holding or trading Crypto Assets. Users should undertake their own assessment as to the suitability of trading in Crypto Assets based on their own investigations, research and based on their experience, financial resources and objectives.
B. Risk Disclosures
As with any asset, the value of Crypto Assets can fluctuate significantly and there is a material risk of economic loss when buying, selling, holding or investing in Crypto Assets. You should therefore consider whether trading or holding Crypto Assets is suitable for you in light of your financial circumstances. You should be aware of the following:
- the value of Virtual Assets is variable (up and/or down), cannot be guaranteed, and can be highly volatile;
- investments in Virtual Assets include an element of risk and returns cannot be guaranteed;
- a Crypto-Asset is not a legal tender and is not backed by the government;
- legislative and regulatory changes or actions at national level or international level may adversely affect the use, transfer, exchange, and value of Crypto-Assets;
- transactions in Crypto-Assets may be irreversible, and, accordingly, losses due to fraudulent or accidental transactions may not be recoverable;
- some Crypto-Asset transactions may be deemed to be made when recorded on a public ledger, which is not necessarily the date or time that the user initiates the transaction;
- the value of Crypto-Assets may be derived from the continued willingness of market participants to exchange fiat currency for Crypto-Asset, which may result in the potential for permanent and total loss of value of a particular Crypto-Asset should the market for that Crypto-Asset disappear;
- the volatility and unpredictability of the price of Crypto-Assets relative to fiat currency may result in significant loss over a short period of time;
- the nature of Crypto-Assets may lead to an increased risk of fraud or cyber-attacks; and
- the nature of Crypto-Assets means that any technological difficulties experienced by Binance may prevent the access or use of a user’s Crypto-Assets.