Binance now supports using RSA Keys to create signed API requests. All you need to do is generate an RSA Key pair and register the public key on Binance.
How to create an RSA Key pair?
1. Go to the official RSA Keys Generator website to download and install the latest version of the generator.
Note: The “.CHECKSUM” file is used to verify the integrity of the generator package. Please download both files to the same directory. Click here for more information.
2. Launch the application and you can use it to:
- Adjust Key size: Choose the size of the RSA Key to be generated. You can choose 2048 bit (default) or 4096 bit.
- Generate Key pairs: Create new private and public RSA Key pairs. You may also paste your existing private key to the text box, and the application will automatically generate an associated public key.
- Copy/Save Key pairs: Copy the keys or save the keys into Private_key.txt and Public_key.txt files. Please note that the file extension has defaulted to .txt, but you can customize it to other formats. Do not share your private keys with anyone.
How to register my RSA Key on Binance?
1. Go to [Profile] - [API Management] and click [Create API].
2. Choose [Self-generated API key].
3. Copy the public key you generated from the RSA Keys generator and paste it into the box to register.
4. Enter a name for your API key. Click [Next] and complete 2FA.
How to send a signed API request?
To send a signed API request, you can follow the steps in the API documentation. Go to [SIGNED Endpoint Example for POST /api/v3/order - RSA Keys] under the [SIGNED Endpoint security] section.