Frequently Asked Questions
What is Binance Gift Card?
Binance Gift Card allows you to send and receive cryptocurrency in a fast, simple and customizable way. It can be sent to both Binance and non-Binance users via email or text. Some key benefits include:
- Buy and send crypto with simple steps;
- Create crypto gift cards using stablecoins;
- “Restrict Recipient” function for enhanced security;
- Bind your referral code to invite new Binance users easily.
Effective from 20 July 2023, only verified entity accounts can create and transfer Binance Gift Cards. If you wish to create and transfer gift cards, please register for an entity account and complete Entity Verification.
- Please sign out of your existing Binance account before attempting to register for a new entity account.
- Personal Binance accounts will still be able to send and redeem gift cards. If you want to buy gift cards, please visit our Gift Card merchants.
How can I create a gift card?
Please note that only verified entity accounts can create gift cards. If you wish to create gift cards, please register for an entity account and complete Entity Verification.
Note: Please sign out of your existing Binance account before attempting to register for a new entity account.
1. Log in to your Binance App and tap [Profile] - [Gift Card].
2. Tap the [+] button at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap [Buy Gift Card].
Alternatively, you can also select your preferred gift cards under the [Token Gift Cards] or [Themed Gift Cards] section on the Binance Gift Card homepage to get started.
4. Select the crypto you want to send and enter the amount. You can also customize the design of your gift card by tapping [Change theme]. Next, tap [Proceed] and check the payment details before tapping [Confirm].
5. Complete 2FA to confirm the transaction. The amount will be deducted from your Spot/Funding Wallet accordingly.
How to send a Gift Card?
1. After purchasing or receiving a Gift Card, log in to your Binance App and tap [Profile] - [Gift Card].
2. Tap [User] to view all the gift cards you own.
3. Tap the card you want to send, then tap [Send] to send the gift card via text, email, or a Binance account registered email / phone number.
3.1 Send via text
Select [Send via text]. Tap [Copy code] to copy the redemption code, or tap [Copy entire text] to copy the message and send the gift card to your recipient.
3.2 Send via email
Select [Send via Email] and enter the recipient’s email. You can also include a message for them at this step. Before confirming the transfer, tap [Preview] to preview the email. Then tap [Send] once you’ve confirmed the amount and email content.
3.3 Send to account
Select [Send to account], then enter the recipient’s Binance account email address or phone number. After confirming the amount, tap [Send] to send the gift card.
Please refer to How Do I Redeem a Gift Card on Binance for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I find the Binance Gift Card function?
You can access Binance Gift Card from [Profile] - [Gift Card] on the Binance App. Please make sure your App is updated to the latest version.
If you’re on the Binance website, please visit the Gift Card homepage.
2. Are there any fees for sending and redeeming gift cards?
Sending and redeeming Binance Gift Cards are free of charge at the moment. However, fees may apply to specific services.
3. Will a gift card expire?
In general, gift cards do not have an expiration date. For gift cards issued for special activities and purposes, they may come with an expiration date. Please check the expiration date on the gift card.
4. Are gift cards reloadable?
No, gift cards are not reloadable at the moment.
5. What currencies do gift cards support?
Binance Gift Card supports most of the cryptocurrencies listed in the Funding Wallet.
6. What is the difference between add card and redeem card?
When your friend receives a gift card, they can either redeem the gift card to credit the crypto to their Funding Wallet immediately, or add the gift card to their account to redeem it later. For security reasons, we suggest the recipients do it either way as soon as they receive the gift card.
7. Can gift cards be redeemed partially?
No, gift cards can only be redeemed in full. Once redeemed, the crypto will be fully credited to your Funding Wallet.
8. If the gift card has been successfully added to an account but hasn’t been redeemed, is it possible that it will be redeemed by those who know the gift card code?
Every gift card code can only be used once. When you add a gift card to your account, you become the owner of the gift card and no one can add or redeem the gift card again by entering the same gift card code. The moment when you add the gift card to your account, the gift card code will be changed completely.
9. If I receive a gift card but do not want to redeem it, can I send it to someone else?
Yes, you can. You have to add the gift card to your account first, once the gift card is added successfully, you can tap [Send] to send it to others via text or email.
10. If I received a gift card and sent it to another user, can the original gift card creator redeem the same gift card?
If you haven’t added the gift card to your account, then the original owner can still redeem the same gift card.
However, if you added the gift card to your account, you become the owner of the gift card and no one can add or redeem the gift card by entering the original gift card code. When you send it to another user, a completely new gift card code will be generated.
11. What is the difference between the gift card code and the gift card number?
The gift card code is used to redeem or add the gift card to your account. It should be kept private as anyone with the code can use it to redeem the gift card.
The gift card number is used to check the balance and the status of the gift card. It can be shared with another user to check whether the gift card is redeemed or not.
12. If I have already added the gift card to my account, do I need to enter the gift card code again to redeem it?
No, you can redeem it directly.
13. If I send the gift card to a wrong email address or person, can I withdraw the gift card?
You cannot withdraw the gift card. However, you can choose to redeem the gift card yourself via [My Cards] - [Sent Cards] before the recipient adds or redeems it. Simply tap the gift card you want to redeem and tap [Redeem].