- All contracts and positions are “Cross Margin” mode by default.
- Switching the margin mode will only apply it to the selected contract
- Please be ensured that you have enabled the margin mode of your choice before entering any contracts or opening any positions.
- You are not allowed to change the margin mode if you have any open orders or positions.
- In Cross Margin Mode, the margin can only be shared of same type of asset. Example: In Cross Margin Mode, all BUSD in the USDⓈ-M Futures wallet can be used for all BUSD-margined contracts. All BTC in the COIN-M Futures wallet can be used for all BTC based contracts (including perpetual and delivery).
1. Visit https://www.binance.com/en/futures/BTCUSDT and log into your account. Click “Cross” as illustrated below.
2. A confirmation screen will pop up. Please select the margin mode of your choice. Then, click “Confirm”.
- Switching the margin mode will only apply it to the selected contract;
- Cross Margin Mode share your margin balance across all open positions on the same type of assets, e.g. If you have selected Cross Margin Mode on BTCUSD Perpetual, the open positions of BTCUSD Perpetual share the margin balance of BTC only.
3. Now, you have successfully changed to the “Isolated Margin” mode. Enjoy your trading! Please be ensured that you have selected the margin mode of your choice before opening any orders or entering any positions. You can repeat the steps above to switch between “Cross Margin” and “Isolated Margin” modes.