How to Manage Sub-Account Functions and Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Sub-Account?
Sub-account allows you to trade through multiple accounts. You can use it to clearly divide responsibilities and manage transactions more efficiently and securely.
Sub-account function is available for corporate account users and VIP1 (or higher) personal account users (Users are required to complete Identity Verification and enable 2FA devices before they can use the service).
Who should use a sub-account?
Sub-accounts let users create multiple accounts to trade with API through both email and virtual email. It is suitable for those who have a trading team and need to trade with multiple strategies, or those who need to separate their assets for risk management purposes.
Sub-account Management Features Overview
|Account Management||Create a sub-account management center and choose to freeze or unfreeze all functions of each sub-account when needed. For example, you can toggle on Margin account, Future account, and enable BLVT for sub-accounts; you can also change the password of sub-accounts directly from the master account.||The number of sub-accounts you can own depends on the respective VIP level of the master account|
|API Management||Create and edit sub-account API Keys and API access.||Each sub-account can create up to 30 API Keys, which can be used to place orders/enquiries/positions/orders etc. through the sub-account in the public API interface|
|Asset Management||You can check the balance of the master account and all sub-accounts. Simply click [Transfer] to transfer the assets between the master account and sub-accounts instantly without any fees.||Either in the value of BTC or fiat|
|Orders Management||You can check the [Open Orders], [Order History], and [Trade History] of all your sub-accounts.||You can filter orders by dates and trading pairs|
|Transfer History||You can check the fund transfer history of all accounts by choosing [Transfer from] or [Transfer to].|
|Login History||You can check all sub-account login history by date, IP address, and location.|
How to create a Sub-Account?
1. Click [Profile] - [Sub-Accounts].
2. Click [+ Create Sub Account].
3. Enter the email address for your sub-account. You can use either a regular email or a virtual email. Then create a password and click [Create Sub Account].
- Please note that you need to verify your email address after account creation;
- When you create a sub-account with a virtual email, that sub-account can only be operated by the master account through API.
4. Once the sub-account is successfully created, it can be viewed in the account management list, where you can manage your account permissions.
How to manage sub-account permissions?
- API Management: To create a sub-account API KEY, go to [API Management] and click [Create API]. You can also edit the sub-account API permissions here. Simply click [Modify] to edit.
- Asset Management: You can check the balance of the master account and all sub-accounts, either in the value of BTC or a fiat currency. Simply click [Transfer] to transfer assets between the master account and sub-accounts instantly without any fees.
- Order Management: You can check [Open Orders], [Order History], and [Trade History] of all your sub-accounts. You can also filter orders by dates and trading pairs.
- Transfer History: You can check the fund transfer history for all accounts by choosing [Transfer from] or [Transfer to].
- Login History: You can check all sub-account login history by date, IP address, and location.
1. Are all sub-accounts entitled to the same transaction fee discount as the master account?
Your VIP tier and correspondent discounts will be defined by the aggregate trading volume of all sub-accounts and master accounts, enabling you to trade with even more favorable fees.
2. How do I calculate the sub-account trading referral bonus?
The trading volume of all sub-accounts will be calculated into the master account, and the referral bonus of the sub-account will be rebated to the referrer of the master account.
3. Do my sub-accounts have the same API order limit as my master account?
Yes, the API order limits for each sub-account are the same as the master account, the sub-accounts have their own separate API order limits.
- 300 orders / 10 seconds
- 1200 orders / 1min
- 50 orders / 10 seconds
- 160,000 orders / 24hrs
Note: Each sub-account can create up to 30 API Keys.
4. Does sub-account require 2FA verification?
No, you will be prompted to verify your email when you first log in to your sub-account. However, we recommend you enable the Binance/Google 2FA Authentication on your sub-accounts for security reasons.
5. Can I withdraw assets from my sub-account?
No, only the master account can manage the asset transfer. Asset transfer between sub-accounts and third-party accounts are not supported.
6. How many sub-accounts can I open?
The number of sub-accounts you can open is subjected to your master account’s VIP level: