How to Verify My Residential Address on Binance
In order to verify your Binance account and comply with your regions/countries’ regulations, we may ask for additional information from you, including proof of residential address.
How do I verify my residential address?
You need to upload a copy of the document showing your full name or business which clearly indicates: residential address, date of issuance, and name of the issuer, it needs to be dated within three months before the date of submission.
Valid documents include, but are not limited to:
- Municipality bill for utility services such as electricity, water, sewerage
- Municipal rates & taxes statement
- Internet service bill
- Bank statement
- Bank reference letter
- Mortgage statement
- Body corporate statement
- Building management statements
- Landline telephone bill (mobile bills are not acceptable)
- Bills for telecommunications packages are acceptable, such as the package for mobile phones, internet, and TV. However, mobile phone bills are not acceptable on their own.
- The name on the document must be the same as the ID submitted;
- Address on the document must be the same as the residential address entered;
- Documents must be issued within 3 months;
- The name, address, issue date, and issuer must be clearly visible.
How to upload my documents?
When uploading a document, please note:
- Your document scan should be complete and shows all four corners. We do not accept incomplete document scans.
- Keep the document unaltered, except when masking bank account or card numbers, sensitive data can be covered.
- Capture the document vertically (in portrait mode) to ensure the full document is captured. Do not capture it in landscape mode.
- You may submit a photo/scan of a hard copy bill, or a PDF file of a paperless bill.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is a bill for a telecommunications package (e.g. Mobile + Internet + TV) acceptable?
Yes, bills for telecommunications packages are acceptable, such as the package for mobile phones, internet, and TV. However, mobile phone bills are not acceptable on their own.
2. When do I need to submit the Proof of Address verification?
Please complete the verification process before submitting your Proof of Address.
3. What is an invalid or incomplete address?
Please make sure you enter a complete residential address that includes the flat/house number, street, and zip code.
4. What kind of Proof of Address documents are unacceptable?
We do not accept identification documents stating the Proof of Address, unclear copies, utility contract confirmation, or Proof of Address issued more than 3 months ago.