Binance will support the Ethereum (ETH) network’s Shapella upgrade.
- The Ethereum (ETH) network’s Shapella upgrade will take place at epoch 194,048, or approximately at 2023-04-12 22:27 (UTC). Deposits and withdrawals for ETH, OP, ARB and ERC-20 tokens via the Ethereum (ETH), Optimism (OP) and Arbitrum (ARB) networks will be suspended approximately starting from 2023-04-12 22:20 (UTC), where applicable.
- Following the Shapella upgrade, Binance will be increasing the minimum unlock count of deposits into Ethereum (ETH) network from the current 12 blocks to 64 blocks.
- The trading of ETH, OP, ARB and ERC-20 tokens will not be affected during the network upgrade.
- The Ethereum (ETH) network upgrade will take place at epoch 194,048. The estimated time is for users’ reference only.
- Binance will handle all technical requirements involved for all users holding ETH, OP, ARB and ERC-20 tokens in their Binance accounts.
- We will reopen deposits and withdrawals for impacted tokens on the Ethereum (ETH), Optimism (OP) and Arbitrum (ARB) networks once we deem the upgraded Ethereum (ETH) network to be stable, and we will not notify users in a further announcement.
- Where any discrepancy arises between the translated versions and the original English version, the English version shall prevail.
For more information on the network upgrade, please refer to the following:
Thanks for your support!
Find us on
Note: This announcement was last updated on 2023-03-29 to clarify that deposits and withdrawals via Optimism (OP) and Arbitrum (ARB) networks will also be suspended approximately starting from 2023-04-12 22:20 (UTC).
Binance reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.