Binance Spot Trading System Upgrade Notice (2020/12/24)
Binance will perform a scheduled system upgrade starting at 2020/12/24 2:00 AM (UTC). The upgrade will take approximately 1 hour.
Please note that Binance Futures & Options trading will continue unaffected during the upgrade period.
During the upgrade period, Binance will suspend deposits, withdrawals, spot and margin trading, P2P trading, OTC Portal trading, savings & redemption, swapping or adding/removing liquidity on liquid swap, staking or redeeming assets from Launchpool, as well as asset transfers from sub-accounts, margin accounts, futures accounts, pool accounts and fiat wallets.
Users will have a 30-minute window after the upgrade is complete to cancel orders, process deposits, withdrawals, and use all other account-related functions before trading resumes.
Major improvements in this upgrade include:
- Overall system performance and stability improvements.
- It is recommended that users with open Futures or Margin positions re-assess their collateral balances prior to the start of the upgrade to mitigate against price fluctuations that may occur during the upgrade period.
- Binance will suspend all asset transfers, deposits and withdrawals 10 minutes prior to the start of the system upgrade. Please ensure you leave sufficient time for any transfers, deposits or withdrawals prior to this time.
- The 1 hour upgrade time is based on our best estimates and may vary. As usual, we will maintain regular communication on the progress of the upgrade on our various social media channels.
- Binance Options: Only futures wallets can be used for paying Options premiums. Spot wallet balances will not be available to use.
- Binance Futures Asset Conversion function will be paused.
- The suspension of spot trading will affect the Price Index of certain USDT-margined perpetual contracts, including TOMOUSDT, RLCUSDT, EGLDUSDT, OCEANUSDT, BELUSDT, HNTUSDT, FLMUSDT, CTKUSDT, ALPHAUSDT, AXSUSDT and BZRUSDT. During this period, the Price Index of those contracts will not update. We will use the Last Price Protected mechanism to update the Mark Price until spot trading resumes. For details, please refer to Mark Price in Perpetual Futures Contract.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and thank you for your patience.
Thanks for your support!
Trade on the go with Binance’s mobile crypto trading app:
Find us on