What are BEP-20 tokens?
BEP-20 is a token standard on the BNB Smart Chain (BSC). It extends ERC-20 (Ethereum token standard) and BEP-2 (BNB Beacon Chain standard) tokens.
You can use BEP-20 tokens in several ways, such as:
- Move your tokens between different blockchains;
- Use compatible tokens on different blockchains;
- Peg tokens from other blockchains and make them available on the BNB Chain (e.g., pegged Bitcoin as BTCB);
- Swap BEP-2 tokens for BEP-20 equivalents (e.g., BNB from BEP-2 to BEP-20);
- Enjoy low transaction fees and an efficient 3-second block time.
You can learn more about BEP-20 from this Academy article.
How to withdraw BEP-20 tokens on Binance?
You can withdraw BEP-20 tokens to any BSC-compatible wallet. Please make sure the exchange or wallet you’re using supports BEP-20 before making a withdrawal, or your assets might be lost and cannot be recovered.
In this example, we’ll withdraw BNB from Binance to Trust Wallet.
1. Log in to your Binance account and go to [Wallet] - [Overview].
2. Click [Withdraw].
3. You’ll be redirected to the [Withdraw Crypto] page. Choose the coin to withdraw.
4. Go to your Trust Wallet and copy the BNB receiving address. Click [Receive] and choose [BNB (Smart Chain)]. You’ll see a QR code and the address. Click to copy it.
5. Paste the address to the [Address] field. The system will automatically select the network as [BSC - BNB Smart Chain (BEP-20)].
6. Enter the BNB amount to withdraw. You can choose to use the funds in your Spot or Funding Wallets. You’ll then see the network fee for this transaction. Click [Withdraw].
7. You’ll be prompted to confirm the network. Click [Confirm] to proceed.
8. Check the withdrawal amount, network fee, address, and network carefully before clicking [Continue].
9. Verify your withdrawal request with your 2FA devices. Once confirmed, your transaction will be processed shortly. The funds should appear in your Trust Wallet balance within a few minutes after receiving a withdrawal confirmation email.
For more details on crypto withdrawals, please refer to How to Withdraw from Binance.