What is a tag/memo and why do I need to enter it when depositing crypto?
A tag or memo is a unique identifier assigned to each account for identifying a deposit and crediting the appropriate account. When depositing certain crypto, such as BNB, XEM, XLM, XRP, KAVA, ATOM, BAND, EOS, etc., you need to enter the respective tag or memo for it to be successfully credited.
What transactions are eligible for Tag/Memo Recovery?
- Deposits to Binance account with wrong or missing tag/memo;
- Deposits of crypto that are already listed on Binance. If the crypto you’re trying to retrieve is not supported on Binance, please retrieve it via self-service recovery.
- If you entered the wrong address or tag/memo for your withdrawal, Binance is unable to assist you. Please contact the platform you are withdrawing funds from for assistance. Your assets might be lost;
How to fill in Tag/Memo Recovery application form?
1. Log in to your Binance account and visit this link.
2. Enter the details of your deposit:
Find the asset you want to retrieve. Please note that you can only apply for coins/tokens that are listed on Binance. If you can’t find the coin/token you deposited, please retrieve it via self-service recovery instead.
- Deposit amount
Enter the accurate deposited amount. We support up to 8 decimal places. Please leave out the decimals after that and remove all separators.
A TxID/TxHash is an identification number that labels each transaction on the blockchain. Please make sure you copy the correct TxID.
Do not enter information other than the TxID here, such as deposit and withdrawal address, your UID or email address, etc.
3. Confirm your application details and click [Submit]. You can then check the application status from [Application Records].
- For the safety of your funds, your deposit will be returned to the original sender’s address after we confirm your application. If the deposit comes from another platform, please contact the platform for assistance.
- If the tag/memo you filled coincidentally belongs to another user, your deposit might be transferred to that user’s account. We are unable to assist.
- We will collect fees for the retrieval service, which is five times the transaction fee of the crypto you’re trying to retrieve. If the amount of your retrieving deposit after deducting the fee is smaller than the minimum withdrawal amount, we cannot help you retrieve it. Please refer to this page for details on deposit/withdrawal fees and each coin/token’s minimum withdrawal amount.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I submit my application?
- The details you entered are different from the transaction you’re trying to submit;
- The transaction isn’t related to a wrong or missing tag/memo;
- You entered the wrong sender address. Please check that you entered the correct sender address, not the deposit address;
- You didn’t enter the deposited amount accurately. Please enter up to 8 decimal places and remove all separators;
- You have already submitted the application for this transaction. Please check your application record here;
- The amount of your retrieving deposit after deducting the fee is smaller than the minimum withdrawal amount;
- The TxID/TxHash might display in a different format for certain crypto, which our system cannot recognize. Please try converting it into another format here and try again.
For example, a TxID/TxHash of certain crypto can be converted into the below format. Please enter the one on the right and submit it again.