How does the Player of the Month Voting Poll work?
Fans can now support their favorite teams and players in brand-new ways with Binance Fan Tokens. The Binance Player of the Month (POTM) Voting Polls extend our regular Fan Voting Polls by allowing fans to vote for their favorite players and award players in Binance Fan Tokens. To reward participation, fans can also win exciting prizes from the featured teams.
Each Binance Fan Token holder is eligible to participate in the corresponding team’s POTM Voting Polls to support their favorite players. Fans can cast their votes on a per-match basis — which may happen on a monthly, weekly or seasonal basis.
How to participate in Player of the Month Voting Polls?
Please note that in order to participate in a POTM Voting Poll, you must complete Identity Verification and hold token(s) from the team whose player you wish to cast your vote for. If you don’t own any tokens yet, read our Binance Fan Token Beginner Guide to find out how you can get your tokens.
1. Go to the Binance Fan Token Platform and choose your favorite team from the [Featured Teams] section. Click [Go to Voting Polls] to view the latest POTM Voting Polls, then click the [Player of The Month] tab.
You can also access this feature from each team’s profile page. Scroll down to [Voting Polls] - [POTM Voting Polls].
2. You can explore the latest Binance Player of the Month Voting Polls for each team and track which player is leading in real time.
3. You can check the completion of each POTM Voting Poll in the top left corner, and the active voting period below each team’s name.
4. Click on your preferred team’s banner, or click [View Details] in the upper right corner of the team card. You can get an expanded view of the team leaderboard and find open voting polls for the corresponding team.
5. Click on one of the matches to open a football field view for all team players you can cast your vote for. To vote for a player, click on their jersey and confirm your vote in the pop-up window.
6. You can view more details about past events under [Voting History].
Stay tuned and visit the Binance Fan Token Platform regularly to track the status of each POTM Voting Poll and the overall leaderboard. Once all match votes are concluded, the final results will be revealed, and you will see who is awarded the title of Binance Player of the Month.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many times can a player win the POTM title?
The rule for winning the POTM title varies for each club.
Players can only be awarded the POTM title a maximum of two times. When a player is voted a third time or any subsequent time, the player who accumulates the second-highest votes for that month will be awarded instead.
There is no limit on the number of times a player can win the POTM title.
2. How are the POTM rewards distributed to the winning players?
POTM winners from FC Porto receive their rewards on a monthly basis after the winner is announced. The rewards for the specific month will be distributed to the player that won the POTM award according to the rules stated above.
Rewards are distributed to the winners at the end of the season. The winners and the reward mechanism are determined in the following ways:
- The player that wins the most POTM titles throughout the season is the winner and will receive 65% of the total reward pool to donate to a charity of their choice.
- The player who wins the second-most POTM titles throughout the season is the runner-up and will receive 35% of the total reward pool to donate to a charity of their choice.
- If two or more players win the same number of POTM titles in the same season, a tie-breaking mechanism will be adopted:
- Tie for the winner: The player that received the highest number of votes throughout the season will be the winner, while the player with the second-highest number of total votes will be the runner-up.
- Tie for the runner-up: The player between the two (or more) tying players that received the highest number of votes throughout the season will be declared the runner-up.