1. Here at Binance, we believe that everyone has the right to be heard, understood, and respected. This includes our partners, users, and the Customer Service (CS) agents who take on numerous enquiries each day. The Live Chat is a gateway, designed to assist our users with the various enquiries they have and of course to discuss problems they are experiencing on using the Binance platform and products.
2. Irrespective of the request, our CS agents are happy to take the enquiry and will always treat the enquirers with respect. Our CS agents likewise would expect to be treated with courtesy and respect at all times, and we agree everyone, including our CS agents, has the right to work in a safe environment, free from any abuse or harm caused by others.
3. Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that there is a small percentage of the community who have acted inappropriately by verbally abusing or displaying aggressive behavior towards our CS agents.
What is abuse or aggressive behavior?
4. There will be scenarios from time to time where the enquirers feel as if their requests are not being heard or the outcomes/responses provided by the CS agent are not in line with their expectations. If the enquiriers then use languages with the aim of causing the CS agent to feel threatened, afraid, or abused, those will be considered as abuse or aggressive behavior by us. Such languages may include but are not limited to, threats, unreasonable demands, personal abuse, discriminatory or inflammatory statements, baseless allegations, derogatory remarks, and rudeness.
5. To protect our CS agents from such abuse and aggressive behaviors, we have in place a Live Chat Suspension mechanism where the user will be barred from using the Live Chat function.
How does the Live Chat Suspension work?
6. When a user displays abuse and aggressive behavior against our CS agents, the user will be temporarily suspended from contacting our CS agents for a set amount of time. The period of suspension will be determined by Binance as it sees fit.
7. During this time, the suspended user may only chat with the CS bot and is unable to reach our CS agents.
How can I appeal against the suspension?
8. We want to ensure that users are not being suspended for the wrong reasons, or where the user genuinely did not abuse or displayed aggressive behavior against our CS agents. If you believe that you are suspended by mistake, such as someone is impersonating you, or if you need immediate assistance for urgent matters, such as your account is hacked, your deposit/withdrawal is missing, etc., please fill in this Appeal Form. We will look into your case as soon as possible.
For more information, please visit: