Last updated: December 9, 2021.
Bifinity UAB, (legal entity code: 305595206, registered office address: Didžioji str. 18, Vilnius, the Republic of Lithuania) is the Data Controller for personal information collected and processed in connection with the provision of Bifinity Services.
1. About the privacy information:
- What personal information does Bifinity collect?
- Why does Bifinity process my personal information?
- What is the legal basis for the processing activities?
What information and personal data does Bifinity collect and process?
Why does Bifinity process my personal information?
Legal Basis for our use of personal information (EU and UK GDPR)
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Home address
- Phone number
- Device ID
- A video recording of you
- Transaction services: We use your personal information to process fiat payments and to communicate with you about orders and services
- Communicate with you: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Bifinity Services
- We collect and process identity information and Sensitive Personal Data (as detailed in section 1) to comply with our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) obligations under applicable laws and regulations, and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations
Performance of a contract when we provide you with products or services or communicate with you about them. This includes when we use your personal information to take and handle orders, and process payments.
- The Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet
- Login, e-mail address, password, and location of your device or computer
- Bifinity Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, and your settings preferences)
- Version and time zone settings
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Bifinity Services: We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of Bifinity Services.
Our legitimate interests are to ensure the proper functioning of our business operations.
Legal requirements that we need to comply with concerning identifying customers, preventing fraud and/or abuse, and avoiding non-compliance.
- Transaction history
- Information from other sources: we may receive information about you from other sources, such as credit history information from credit bureaus
Fraud prevention and credit risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, Bifinity Services, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
Our legitimate interests and the interests of our users when, for example, we detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, ourselves, or others.
- Information about your behavior: we may process information about you on your behavior and your activity for marketing and advertising purposes
- Improve our services: We process personal information to improve our services and for you to have a better user experience
- Recommendations and personalization: We use your personal information to recommend features and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with Bifinity Services
Our legitimate interest is to improve our services.
Your consent when we ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to process your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data for that purpose.
We firmly believe that where the above table states that we rely on our legitimate interests for a given purpose, this is not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms. Therefore, If you wish to obtain further information on this balancing test approach, please contact email@example.com.
We will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes of which you have been informed unless it is required or authorized by law, or it is in your own vital interest (for example, in case of a medical emergency) to do so.
The term “sensitive data” refers to the various categories of personal data identified by data privacy laws or regulations as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent from you. These categories include racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical, or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, biometric or generic data, sexual life or orientation, or criminal convictions and offenses (including information about suspected criminal activities).
Due to the type of services provided, we might need to process certain types of sensitive data. In the limited cases where we do collect such data, we will do this in accordance with data privacy laws and regulations and/or ask for your consent.
2. What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
3. Does Bifinity UAB Share My Personal Information?
4. International transfers of personal data
Bifinity UAB may transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Bifinity UAB puts in place suitable safeguards to ensure that such transfers are carried out in compliance with applicable data protection rules, except where the country to which the data is transferred has already been determined by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of protection.
Where Bifinity UAB transfers personal data to affiliates or service providers, Bifinity UAB relies on the latest standard contractual clauses of the European Commission.
5. How Secure is My Information?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind. We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask you to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your account password. We recommend using a unique password for your Bifinity UAB account that is not utilized for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
6. What About Advertising?
We may share your personal information with our marketing partners for the purposes of targeting, modeling, and/or analytics as well as marketing and advertising. You may opt out of receiving directly from the emails you receive.
7. What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and transaction history in the "Your Account" section of the website.
8. What Rights Do I Have?
If you have any questions or objections as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact email@example.com.
9. How Long Does Bifinity UAB Keep My Personal Information?
10. Contact Information
Our data protection officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and will work to address any questions or issues that you have with respect to the collection and processing of your personal information.
11. Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions