*Please note that the rules apply to non-CNY trades only
1. The buyer’s store doesn’t exist or doesn't open at the specified time
If the seller (taker) cannot find the buyer’s store using the address they provided, or the store doesn't open at the specified time, the seller can request to cancel the order directly by filing an appeal. The CS team will verify the store address and opening times with the buyer.
- If the store address is accurate but doesn’t open during the specified hours, Binance will suspend the buyer’s ads.
- If the store uses a fake address, Binance will deduct the buyer’s deposit and offboard the seller.
2. The buyer asks the seller to trade at an unverified address
If the buyer asks the seller (taker) to trade at an unverified address, the seller can file an appeal. The CS team will verify the case with the buyer. If the complaint is valid, Binance will deduct the buyer’s deposit and offboard the buyer.
3. Taker buyer doesn’t show up, but they clicked “I Have Paid”
If the buyer doesn’t show up or cannot be reached within a given time frame, the seller can request to cancel the order by opening an appeal. If a buyer’s orders are canceled for the same reason 3 times or more, part of the buyer’s account functions will be suspended.
4. The buyer couldn’t show their ID Card
If the buyer (taker) doesn’t show their ID Card during the trade, the seller needs to reject the payemnt and request to cancel the order by submitting an appeal. The CS team will issue a warning to the buyer.
5. The buyer’s verified Binance account name does not match their ID Card name
This is a violation of the Binance P2P transaction rules, and the buyer's P2P functions will be suspended for 15 days.
Disclaimer: Binance reserves the right to terminate services to users that are uncooperative during the appeal process.