Why Do I Need to Re-verify My Binance Account (EEA Countries)
Why do I need to verify my Binance Account from time to time?
Binance requires all users to complete Identity Verification to increase their account security and to comply with countries’ regulations. Therefore, you might be asked to re-verify your Binance account from time to time. For example, we require existing users to perform Identity Verification again after we upgrade our compliance standards to be fully aligned with the latest EU Anti-Money Laundering Directives.
Identity Verification plays an important role in account security. With Identity Verification, Binance can protect your account from potential risks. We have to ensure our identity verification process can keep up to date with the new measures and provide a security framework at a technical level.
Binance also complies with a series of AML (Anti-Money Laundering) standards, risk prevention, compliance, and the operation of certain activities that have been regulated by the jurisdictions. This can prevent money laundering, terrorist financing, and illegal financial crime.
In order to retain access to all Binance products and services, all existing EEA countries’ users need to re-verify their Binance accounts with the new Identity Verification.
We will notify users in batches to perform the new verification. Please note that you will only be able to perform the new verification after receiving the notification email. Follow the instructions in the email to complete Identity Verification. Please complete the verification within the deadline, or your Binance account will be restricted to “Withdrawal Only”.
You may visit How to Verify Binance Account (EEA Countries) for a detailed guide on the verification process.
Do I need to re-verify my Binance account?
You need to re-verify your account if:
- You verified your account before the new EU Anti-Money Laundering Directives standards were implemented;
- You haven’t submitted your Proof of Address or answered the enhanced due diligence (EDD) questionnaire before;
- You used the old ID verification vendor to complete the ID verification;
- Your previous verification does not meet the requirements for the new EU Anti-Money Laundering Directives standards.
You will receive an email notification if you’re required to re-verify or submit additional information for your Binance account. Please complete the verification within the deadline or your Binance account will be restricted to “Withdrawal Only”.
How to re-verify my Binance account?
1. After receiving an email notification from Binance, log in to your account and you will see a pop-up prompt. Click [Continue].
2. You will be redirected to the Verification Centre. Click [OK].
3. Click [Start Now] and you will be redirected to complete the new verification.
4. Please wait patiently after completing the verification. We will review your verification.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What happens if I can’t complete the verification within the deadline?
If you haven’t completed the new verification within the deadline, your Binance account will be restricted to “Withdrawal Only”.
2. Can I win a Binance KYC Mystery Box after completing the new verification?
Each account can only receive 1 KYC Mystery Box. If you haven’t received a KYC Mystery Box before, you are eligible and can get the reward after we review your verification. You may also receive certain types of vouchers. To redeem, please refer to the guides here.
What is Binance KYC Mystery Box and how to claim it?
Terms & Conditions
- Withdrawals through certain channels might not be available to your account depending on the requirements of the fiat channel that you are using.
- The KYC Mystery Box activity is limited to one mystery box per account, with no more than one account for each customer. Sub-accounts are not viewed as independent accounts. Enterprise accounts (e.g. corporate or broker accounts) are exempted from the promotion activity.
- Binance reserves the rights of the final interpretation of the promotion and the right to disqualify customers in case of illicit activity or registration.