How to Enable Google 2FA
1. Log into your Binance account.
2. At the top-right menu, go to [Security].
3. Find the Google Authentication section and click [Enable].
4. You will be redirected to another page to start the process of enabling Google 2FA Authentication.
5. Download and install the Google Authenticator App on your mobile device. You can find it in the App Store (for iOS) or Google Play (for Android).
6. When you are done installing the App, click [Next].
7. Open the mobile App and click the【+】symbol.
8. Scan the QR Code using your mobile camera.
If you are unable to scan it, you can manually enter the 16-digit key provided.
9. Save the Backup key.
Make sure to save the 16-digit key. You can use it later to rebind your account in case you lose access to your previous Google Authenticator.
10. Enable Google Authentication
Coming back to the Binance page, you will need to fill in your login password and the Google Authentication code.
If you have SMS Authentication enabled, you will also have to provide the SMS code.
Google 2FA FAQ
How do I resolve a "binding failed" issue?
- Ensure that the “Google Authenticator” App is installed.
- Synchronize the time on your mobile phone and computer.
- Ensure the password and 2FA code are correct.
- Ensure the date/time setting in your mobile phone is set to “automatic”.
You may refer to the following screenshots to change the settings on your phone.
I lost access to my previously installed Google Authenticator App. How can I re-enable it?
If you have a backup of the 16-digit code that was generated when you enabled the Google Authenticator for the first time, you can re-enable your Google Authenticator by adding the key to the App manually.
If you haven't stored the backup key, you can reset the Google Authenticator (2FA) directly on our website. Kindly refer to the following reference link for How to Reset Google 2FA.
What can I do if the page shows “2FA code error”?
- Synchronize the time on your mobile phone (to synchronize your Google Authenticator App) and your computer (from which you attempt to log in).
- Browse the Binance Login page (www.binance.com) using incognito mode on the Google Chrome web browser.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Try to log in from our dedicated mobile App.
If none of our suggestions solve your problem, you should reset your Google Authenticator. Check this guide for more information: How to reset Google 2FA.