Notice Regarding the Completion of Ethereum Merge & Information on ETHW Distribution (2022-09-15)
The Ethereum Merge was completed when the Terminal Total Difficulty (TTD) of 58750000000000000000000 was achieved at the ETH mainnet block height of 15,537,393, or 2022-09-15 06:42:42 (UTC). Binance has resumed deposits and withdrawals for ETH and ERC-20 tokens on the Ethereum Proof-of-Stake (PoS) chain.
If the potential Ethereum Proof-of-Work chain (ETHW) is successfully implemented, eligible users will be credited ETHW at a ratio of 1 ETH = 1 ETHW in their Spot wallets, based on their net ETH balances across eligible wallets at the snapshot time of 2022-09-15 06:42:42 (UTC). This process will usually take about two to five days. We will notify users in a separate announcement once the distribution is complete and when deposits and withdrawals for ETHW are enabled, or if the ETHW chain is unsuccessful.
- The snapshot will include the net ETH balances in Spot accounts, Funding accounts, Margin accounts, Savings accounts, Staking accounts and Futures accounts. Undistributed ETH interest payments will not be included in the snapshot.
- ETH borrowed from Margin or Crypto Loans, or ETH transferred to Spot accounts from these accounts, will not count toward the distribution threshold.
- Users with liability of ETH on Margin are required to return the forked token (ETHW).
- For users with liability of ETH on Crypto Loans, liabilities equivalent to the forked token (ETHW) will be added to the ETH loan position.
- For the trading and listing of ETHW on Binance, ETHW will go through the same strict listing review process as Binance does for any other coin/token. Supporting this distribution does not guarantee the listing of ETHW. Binance does not guarantee any listings as per our internal policy.
For more information, please refer to the following:
- Notice Regarding the Upcoming Ethereum Merge (2022-08-25)
- Updates Regarding the Upcoming Ethereum Merge (2022-09-13)
Thanks for your support!
Find us on
Note: This announcement was last updated on 2022-09-16 to clarify the snapshot will include net ETH balances across users’ Futures accounts.
Binance reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.