Samsung to allow users to view and buy NFTs via smart TVs in 2022
The spectacular growth of the non-fungible token sector has reached the electronics giant Samsung. The Korean company said it will integrate a new “NFT Aggregation Platform” on its smart TVs starting this year.
- The announcement dated January 3rd outlined several updates that Samsung plans to incorporate in its new series of smart TVs.
- The NFT Aggregation Platform will come with several features that will allow customers to view their digital collections.
- It will be available on Samsung’s MicroLed, Neo QLED, and The Frame models and will also enable users to directly buy NFTs directly from the TV sets.
- As the name of the platform suggests, it will aggregate data from several marketplaces and provide information about the artwork as who created it and which blockchain network it uses.
- Thus, the giant aims to become the first electronics company to put NFTs into TV sets.
- The non-fungible token sector experienced significant growth in 2021 with the entrance of countless celebrities and global brands.
- Sportspeople, business people, musicians, politicians, and everyone in-between started to get on board as NFTs provide them opportunities to enhance their relationships with fans and much more.
View full text