Citi Considering Crypto Services Amid Surge in Interest: Report
Jamie Crawley - Coindesk
Full disclaimer: This platform includes third party opinions. We do not endorse their accuracy. Digital asset prices can be volatile. Do your own research. See full terms here.
Citigroup is weighing up the launch of cryptocurrency services amid a surge in interest from its clients.
- Trading, custody and financing are all under consideration, according to a report by the Financial Times, citing Itay Tuchman, Citi's global head of foreign exchange.
- There has been a "very rapid" accumulation in interest from clients, Tuchman told the newspaper.
- Citi would however not in any rush over its decisions around the crypto market, he added.
- The U.S. banking giant would be following a number of its peers in developing crypto services.
- Just yesterday, Goldman Sachs confirmed it was offering investors access to bitcoin derivatives, buying and selling bitcoin futures in block trades.
- Others such as BNY Mellon and Deutsche Bank have entered the space too, or have plans to soon.
View full text