BTC Pushes $22K, ETH Above $1.4K, Over $160 Million Shorts Liquidated
George Georgiev - CryptoPotato
Full disclaimer: This platform includes third party opinions. We do not endorse their accuracy. Digital asset prices can be volatile. Do your own research. See full terms here.
The cryptocurrency market continues recovering, and over the past few days, it has gained a total of $150 billion to its capitalization, which now stands above $1 trillion.
- Bitcoin’s price is currently trading around $22,000, charting an increase of about 5% in the past seven days and 2.1% in the past 24 hours.
- Ethereum, on the other hand, is the absolute leader in terms of price performance over the past days, up 22.6% on the week and 5.5% in the past day.
- This has led to over $250 million in total liquidations, more than $160 million of which were of short positions – somewhat expectedly.
- Data from Coinglassreveals that the largest single liquidation order took place on FTX, and it was an ETH perpetual contract with a face value of $2.83 million.
- ETH is also in the lead in terms of overall liquidations over the past 4 hours, with 65K worth of it getting liquidated (a total of around $94 million).
- In aggregation, 64% of the positions that were liquidated were short across the most prominent exchanges, with the biggest liquidation volume being on OKX.
View full text