The Sandbox Partners With Legendary Jazz Band Jamiroquai
Jamiroquai is the latest entity to join more than 200 of The Sandbox’s partnerships that include Ubisoft, The Rabbids, Gucci Vault, The Walking Dead, Snoop Dogg, Adidas, The Smurfs, and CryptoKitties, among others.
The Animoca Brands subsidiary announced the partnership with the legendary funk and acid jazz band – Jamiroquai – which is well-known for their 1996 global smash hit “Virtual Insanity.”
- According to the official blog post, the goal of the strategic collaboration will bring the song that was released as the second single from their third studio album, Travelling Without Moving, to its virtual LAND in The Sandbox.
- While the song did manage to capture the audience and even fetched a Best Video at the VMAs more than twenty years ago, its Director Jonathan Glazer admitted that there was no “computer trickery” used with the famous floor moving concept.
- Jamiroquai shared a 38-second teaser of the famous song in pixel format to give a glimpse of what to expect in the virtual real estate.
- The British funk band said in a statement, “Jamiroquai has always been future facing and super social – creating a LAND where everyone can come together in The Sandbox with a bit of funk, freedom, and fashion will provide a communal place to digitally connect with our fans and fellow music lovers. We look forward to telling you more soon, but for now can say that hats will definitely be involved.”
- The Sandbox metaverse has emerged as one of the most high-profile metaverse players.
- Earlier this month, Dubai Virtual Assets Regulatory Authority (VARA) announced purchasing its first piece of land in The Sandbox metaverse to open virtual offices.
View full text