Silver Lake Leads $150M Round in NFT Platform Genies: Report
Camomile Shumba - CoinDesk
Genies, a non-fungible token (NFT) platform, raised $150 million in its recent funding round led by private equity company Silver Lake to further its Web 3 ambitions, according to a report by DealBrook.
- The U.S.-based company's latest funding round values it at $1 billion, according to the report published on Tuesday. This investment will help support it as it provides tools to create and sell characters online.
- "Sometimes it’s a small company like this, and other times it’s huge, large companies that need to be transformed,” Egon Durban, the co-chief executive of Silver Lake told DealBrook.
- In May last year, Genies raised a $65 million round led by Mary Meeker’s Bond Capital with participation from Dapper Labs, Polychain, Coinbase Ventures, Hashkey and others.
- In December, the company partnered with the Universal Music Group which meant its musicians could create digital versions of themselves.
- Genies and Silver Lake were not immediately available for comment when contacted by CoinDesk.
View full text