The global cryptocurrency market cap now stands at $1.99T, up by 2.30% over the last day, according to CoinMarketCap data.
Bitcoin (BTC) has been trading between $42,064 and $44,064 over the past 24 hours. As of 04:00 PM (UTC) today, BTC is trading at $44,033, up by 3.15%.
Most major cryptocurrencies by market cap are trading mixed. Market outperformers include AXS, SLP, and PLA, up by 25%, 21%, and 21%, respectively.
Top stories of the day:
- Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa release ApeCoin-themed NFTs, APE price up 17%
Popular rapper Snoop Dogg on Thursday released new music as NFTS themed around ApeCoin (APE) and the Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC).
- Meta files 8 crypto trademark applications
Meta recently applied for a trademark that would allow their logo to be used for crypto tokens and virtual exchange.
- Vitalik Buterin's new Ethereum improvement proposal EIP-4844 explained
Vitalik Buterin recently shared a novel proposal for the blockchain network. The upgrade is tagged EIP-4844 which is known as Proto-danksharding.
- PUBG publisher Krafton partners with Solana Labs
Video game developer Krafton announced a partnership with Solana Labs that could bring NFTs to its battle-royale game PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG).
- Mining industry not that worried by SEC’s proposed new climate reporting rules
Several in the industry say they’re not that concerned about the potential new rules and even welcome them.
- Acala, VCs commit $250M for Polkadot DeFi investments
Some of crypto’s leading venture firms are teaming up to fuel decentralized finance (DeFi) on the Polkadot blockchain network.
- ETH: $3118.59 (+2.61%)
- BNB: $414.8 (+1.17%)
- XRP: $0.8452 (+0.54%)
- ADA: $1.169 (+8.74%)
- LUNA: $94.17 (-1.69%)
- SOL: $101.64 (+5.88%)
- AVAX: $88.08 (+1.47%)
- DOT: $21.19 (+1.44%)
- DOGE: $0.1367 (+9.01%)
- SHIB: $0.00002489 (+3.75%)