Binance Weekly Report: Happy Third Birthday!
In this weekly report (July 13 to 19, 2020): We have officially launched the Binance Card during a global virtual conference that celebrates our third anniversary. We have also completed our record-setting 12th BNB burn.
1. Binance Card launching in Europe, UK. Through this card, Binance users in Europe and the United Kingdom (UK) can convert and spend their BTC, BNB, SXP, and BUSD to fiat at over 60 million merchants across 200 regions and territories worldwide. Sign up for a card now!
From the Binance Team
2. “Off the Charts!” Virtual Conference. Thanks to everyone who joined us in this event, which featured 30 panels and keynotes in six languages, over 140 speakers, and 20 hours of live footage between two stages. Read more about the highlights here.
Also get to know who won in our Binance Awards for Philanthropist, Chain Wallet. Angels, Influencers, and Launchpad Project of the Year awards.
3. 12th BNB Burn. Thanks to numerous factors during the recent quarter, completed a record-setting BNB burn. Read this article to learn how much BNB was burned, plus a story from CZ that spans from the early days and struggles to today’s milestones.
4. Binance’s Core Values. Being user-focused is our overarching purpose, and we strive to achieve that every day by adhering to our four core values: hardcore, freedom, integrity, and collaboration.
5. Setting our sights to MENA. We are planning to expand in the Middle East and North Africa region. We also named Omar Rahim as the new director for the region.
6. Statement on Twitter breach. A number of Twitter accounts, including Binance’s, were attacked by an unidentified hacker(s). We have confirmed that this Twitter breach was not caused by a vulnerability of Binance’s platform or team members.
Binance Exchange Updates
7. NEW LISTINGS: ETHUP and ETHDOWN. This is the second pair of Binance Leveraged Tokens, after BTC leverage tokens. ETHUP/USDT and ETHDOWN/USDT trading pairs launched on July 13.
8. NEW LISTINGS: ADAUP, ADADOWN, LINKUP, and LINKDOWN. Days after the launch of ETH leverage tokens, we added more for two ADA and LINK. ETHUP/USDT and ETHDOWN/USDT trading pairs launched on July 13.
9. NEW LISTINGS: VeThor Token (VTHO). VTHO/BNB, VTHO/BUSD and VTHO/USDT trading pairs opened on July 16.
10. Isolated Margin enabled for five more tokens: DOGE, SC, REP, BNT, and BTT. A zero-interest promotion for borrowing these tokens will run until July 21.
11. Isolated Margin enabled for several BUSD trading pairs: BTC/BUSD, ETH/BUSD, ZIL/BUSD, NANO/BUSD, ALGO/BUSD, BTT/BUSD, ADA/BUSD, BCH/BUSD, BNB/BUSD, LINK/BUSD, and BUSD/USDT. A 50% interest discount for borrowing BUSD will run until July 23.
12. Cross margin leverage adjustment. Starting July 16, users will only be able to trade with up to 3x leverage on cross margin pairs.
13. Binance Savings adds VET, XTZ to flexible savings.Individual max limits for the savings products are 2,000,000,000 VET and 4,000,000 XTZ, respectively.
14. Delisting of ARN, FUEL, and LUN. Trading stopped on ARN/BTC, ARN/ETH, FUEL/BTC, LUN/BTC trading pairs on July 20. You have until October 20 to withdraw these tokens from Binance.
15. Supported blockchain activity: Zcash (ZEC) network upgrade.
Binance Futures and Options Updates
16. Quarterly Futures Market Maker Program. Qualified market makers can now receive higher maker fee rebates for selected trading pairs. If your 30-day trading volumes exceed 1,000 BTC on Binance spot exchange or 3,000 BTC on Binance Futures, email us at email@example.com.
17. Month 10 Review. Binance Futures VP Aaron Gong looks at how Binance Futures is now a leading platform for altcoin futures contracts as altcoin volumes reached an ATH of 61.51%.
BNB, Fiat, and Stablecoin Updates
18. BUSD by the Numbers: Celebrating a 1 Billion USD Milestone. The purchase volume milestone was hit just 260 days after BUSD launched. Get to know more about the stablecoin’s fast growth in this article.
Binance Ecosystem Updates
19. Completed and Upcoming Changes for BNB Chain. BNB Chain is being enhanced at remarkable speed. Get up-to-date information on the present and future of these technologies in this article.
20. Latest BNB Chain monthly update. The blockchain’s block height exceeds 95,000,000, with more than 103,000,000 transactions submitted by about 620,000 addresses.
21. Learn how to list BEP8 tokens on Binance DEX on this video.
22. Binance.US works with Sovos for tax reporting needs. Binance.US will use Sovos software for its crypto tax information reporting needs.
23. Binance Academy’s newest articles:
* Binance API Series Pt. I – Spot Trading with Postman. The purpose of this series is to introduce you to Binance’s REST API and to teach you how to interact with it.
* Golden Cross and Death Cross Explained. In this article, we discuss some of the most popular crossover signals – the golden cross and the death cross.
Promos and Community
24. ONGOING: Binance P2P BNB Giveaway for Filipino community. The bigger you buy, the higher the prize pool you can access. Promo runs until July 27.
25. DONE: Virtual Conference NFT giveaway. Conference attendees scan codes to get NFTs that contain unique codes redeemable perks, merchandise, crypto, and more!
26. DONE: Binance Academy’s Twitter Quiz. Five quizzes within five hours, with 500 USD in BNB given away.
27. Binance.US CEO’s AMA with VeChain CEO. Catherine Coley from Binance.US and Sunny Lu from VeChain talked about the latter’s cryptocurrency and related topics.
28. Watch our official #BinanceTurns3 videos: “Freedom To Do More” and “The Story So Far.”
That’s a wrap for last week! Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube, and join our official Binance Telegram group to talk more with our community.