Binance Weekly Report: All Access
In this weekly report (June 22 to 28, 2020): We introduced Binance Access, launched new Futures contracts, added bank transfers for Euro and British pound, and more.
1. Binance Access launches. This business-to-business (B2B) solution makes it possible for merchants, vendors, and wallets to have native fiat-to-crypto exchange features on their platforms. E-wallet platform Advcash is the first platform that has integrated Binance Access. Be a pioneer like Advcash by signing up here.
Binance Futures and Options Updates
2. Binance Futures launches KNC/USDT and ZRX/USDT perpetual contracts. The KNC and ZRX contracts launched on June 22 and June 24, respectively. Users will be able to select between 1-50x leverage for both contracts. Binance Futures now offers 29 perpetual contracts.
3. Binance Futures VP: More than 2x growth in institutional clients in Q1. In an interview with CryptoPotato, Binance Futures VP Aaron Gong shared how much Binance Futures has grown this year.
4. Updates to the THETA/USDT perpetual contract. Binance Futures has updated the risk and margin tiers of THETA/USDT, moving back the highest leverage to 50x.
5. Understanding Price and Basis of a Futures Contract. The basis can be simply described as the difference between the spot price of a crypto asset and its futures price, according to this recent piece from the Binance Futures team.
BNB, Fiat, and Stablecoin Updates
6. Binance adds bank transfers for Euro (EUR), British pound (GBP). We partnered with Clear Junction to accept direct bank transfers via Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) for EUR and Faster Payments (FPS) for GBP.
7. New trading pairs for Ukrainian hryvnia (UAH). We opened trading pairs BTC/UAH and USDT/UAH on June 24.
8. BUSD lists on OceanEx. The US dollar-pegged stablecoin of Binance is now on more exchanges, with new listings like this one on June 22.
9. Five More BNB Use Cases: Play, Shop, Eat, and More. We shared more ways that you can use BNB, like playing on the BPLAY gaming platform using your Binance account.
Binance Exchange Updates
13. DASH on Customizable Locked Savings. Available in seven-day, 30-day, 60-day, and 90-day products.
14. Supported blockchain activities: An upcoming hard fork and network upgrade for Beam (BEAM), completed distribution of snglsDAO Governance Tokens (SGT) to SNGLS holders on Binance, and mainnet upgrades for Zcoin (XCZ) and NavCoin (NAV).
15. System upgrade for spot trading. Binance scheduled the upgrade on June 28, which took about two hours and improved system performance and stability. Binance Futures and Options trading were unaffected.
16. Delisting of StableUSD (USDS). Trading on pairs with USDS ceased on June 24.
From the Binance Team
17. Boost Your Mining and Maximize Your Revenue With Binance Smart Pool. We expound on how Binance has progressed since launch and how you can make the most of mining with us.
18. What is the Binance Open Platform? Four months since we unveiled the Binance Open Platform, we take a look at how the initiative evolved into multiple solutions, with Binance Access being the latest addition.
19. Binance Gives Back: CZ Interview on Forbes. In this article, Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao (CZ) shared how Binance Charity uses blockchain to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
20. CZ Fireside Chat on Coinscrum. The Binance CEO, with UK Director Teana Baker-Taylor, held a fireside chat about the origins and progress of Binance.
21. New Binance.US Financial Fitness episode. Binance.US CEO Catherine Coley and NBA basketball player Spencer Dinwiddiw discuss financial basics and crypto literacy. Also, watch Catherine’s recent talk on the Remote Crypto Conference.
Binance Ecosystem Updates
24. Buy 25 crypto instantly on Binance.US. See the full list of supported crypto below.
25. Binance Chain lowers fee structure, releases patch for testnet. Validators have proposed and voted on lowering the fee structure on Binance Chain testnet, due to recent price changes for BNB. Meanwhile, the patch fixed an issue brought up on Github by a community member.
26. Binance Chain releases its latest monthly report. This report highlights the latest testnet of Binance Smart Chain, as well as the launch of the BEP8 token protocol for small or micro-projects.
29. Travala.com integrates Binance Widget. Now, you can now buy crypto directly on Travala’s website before, during, and after shopping for the best travel deals your crypto can book.
30. Binance Academy’s newest articles:
* A Complete Guide to Cryptocurrency Trading for Beginners. Understand the basics of trading, investing, analysis, markets, and more.
* What is Fundamental Analysis (FA)? Learn how to use this assessment method on cryptocurrencies.
* A Guide to Mastering Fibonacci Retracement. Study what the Fibonacci retracement tool is and how you can use it to find important levels on a chart.
31. Binance Research’s latest reports:
* Digibyte (DGB), a decentralized UXTO blockchain with SegWit and smart contract support.
* Compound (COMP), an algorithmic money market protocol on Ethereum.
32. Binance Podcast’s newest episode: Shaping the Future of Cryptocurrency in Indonesia, with Tokocrypto CEO Pang Xue Kai and Board Advisor Shaun Djie.
Promos and Community
33. ONGOING: Buy Crypto with Visa Card fee discount. Users with Visa cards issued in the European Economic Area and the UK are able to buy crypto with zero fees when paying with EUR, GBP, USD, SEK, PLN, CZK, RON, NOK or HRK until the end of June.
34. ONGOING: 250,000-USD ALGO futures trading competition. The higher your trade volume, the more chances of winning ALGO tokens. Promo runs until July 1.
35. ONGOING: 50,000-USDT LINK futures trading competition. 500 lucky winners will be selected at random. Promo runs until July 1.
36. ONGOING: 10,000 BUSD promo for DASH savings. Subscribe at least 50 DASH to get a bonus reward. Promo runs until June 30.
37. ONGOING: Binance Futures Africa competition. The best African futures traders will get a share of the prize pool of more than 5,000 USD in BNB tokens. Promo runs until July 17.
38. DONE: 3% cashback on Buy Crypto with Visa card. This promo included a 2% cashback on crypto purchases and an additional 1% cashback for those who refer their friends to Binance during the campaign period. The promo ended on June 28.
39. DONE: 24-hour 2,500 USD Bitcoin giveaway. This Twitter promo gave crypto buyers and retweeters the chance to win up to 500 USD in BTC.
40. DONE: Binance Academy Q&A Bounty. We gave away 500 USD in prizes for select lucky users of Ask Academy, our crypto Q&A platform. The promo ended on June 29.
41. DONE: Binance Academy’s crypto quizzes. A total of $500 in BNB was given away.
42. DONE: Trust Wallet BNB giveaway for Father’s Day. 25 winners got 10 USD in BNB.
43. DONE: Distribution of May 2020 staking rewards, Batch 2. This is for holders of ONE, ERD, FET, LOOM, XTZ, ATOM, TFUEL, ARPA, LSK, EOS, TOMO, and ARK on their Binance accounts.
44. DONE: Binance.US AMA with Matic Network COO Sandeep Nailwal (June 25).
45. DONE: Binance French Webinar on Crypto-trading Bots (June 25).
Cryptocurrency investment is subject to high market risk. Binance is not responsible for any of your trading losses. The opinions and statements made above should not be considered financial advice.