Binance Review, Month 44: Upgrades
During Binance’s Month 44 (February 15 to March 15, 2021), Binance enhances Liquid Swap, expands Binance Pay, and welcomes a new advisor for policy and government relations, while Binance Smart Chain is on the lookout for new validators and delegators.
The Big Story: Building Continues
Between February 15 and March 15, the crypto market went through remarkable highs and lows, which included Bitcoin’s then-record high at $58,000, its dip to as low as $43,500 the following week, and its recent eventual rise to $60,000 over the past weekend. Ethereum hit its all-time high at just above $2,000 to start the period, then plummeted to around $1,300 before inching its way up to just below its ATH. BNB also recorded a new high of $340, before trading sideways between $200 and $300 for the rest of the month-long period. The overall crypto market cap swayed from a low of $1.3 trillion earlier in the month to $1.8 trillion in the period’s final days, inching closer to its second trillion.
During its 44th month, Binance continues its commitment to building better solutions for everyone in the crypto industry, no matter what the market conditions are. For starters, we have unveiled Liquid Swap 3.0, which features some new updates that allow you to boost your earnings even more. Try Liquid Swap 3.0 and get triple income as a liquidity provider (interest + trading fees + liquidity rewards) and start earning liquidity rewards in BNB and other digital assets.
On the Binance Smart Chain side, the community behind the rapidly growing blockchain has started its search for new validators and delegators. As a validator or delegator, you become a cornerstone of the infrastructure powering the BSC DeFi ecosystem. Apply to become a validator or delegator now.
In other news, we welcomed Max Baucus as our new Policy & Government Relations Advisor. The former U.S. Senator for Montana and member of the Democratic Party will provide high-level guidance on Binance’s government and regulatory efforts and help build strong relations with U.S. authorities and regulators.
Last but not the least, we have expanded Binance Pay, our new contactless, borderless and secure user-to-user cryptocurrency payment feature on the Binance App. Following the soft launch of Binance Pay last month, the service now features the Pay and merchant functions, allowing users to pay, send, and receive crypto payments around the world without incurring any fees.
In Other News
- Mark Cuban & CZ Fireside Chat. Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao (CZ) and famous entrepreneur Mark Cuban talked about NFTs, DeFi, Bitcoin, and more. Watch the video here.
- BNB Record-Breaking February: Thanks to Our Community. BNB, the native token of Binance, is having a remarkable month, rising to as much as $342.88.
- Binance Futures Spring Tournament - Over $1,600,000 in BNB to Be Won! To usher in the Lunar New Year, Binance Futures hosts a Spring Tournament from March 2nd to April 1st. A total prize pool of over $1,600,000 in BNB tokens is at stake. Visit the tournament website.
- Binance Invests in Multicoin Capital. With this new investment, we affirm our conviction in Multicoin’s process and expertise as fund managers and one of the leading investment firms in crypto.
- Binance Lite vs Professional: Which Mode Is Right For You? With Binance Lite rolling out to more countries and regions worldwide, Binance app users can now switch between Lite and Professional modes with a single tap. Which mode is right for you?
- Highlights from CZ’s Latest Clubhouse AMAs. Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao (CZ) recently hosted AMA sessions on Clubhouse to address several topics about Binance, cryptocurrencies, blockchains, regulations, and more. Here are some of his statements from the sessions.
- Binance Launchpool: Boosting Crypto Projects & Holders Alike. Launchpool launched 15 successful crypto projects, recorded $4.64 billion in total value locked (TVL), and distributed $529 million in tokens to 408,783 crypto holders, who have since watched their holdings bloom with the recent rise of the crypto market.
- Introducing My Neighbor Alice (ALICE) on Binance Launchpool. Farm ALICE, a social simulation blockchain game owned by players and Launchpool’s 18th project, by staking BNB, BUSD, and CHR tokens.
- Meet the Women Who #ChoosetoChallenge with Crypto [Part 1] & [Part 2]. At Binance, we take pride in working with female ambassadors, who grow and foster our communities through education, media, events, and more.