Binance Review, Month 33: Crypto’s Landing Page
During Binance’s Month 33 (March 15 to April 15, 2020), CoinMarketCap joined the Binance family, and we launched Binance Options, opened a Binance Cloud-powered exchange in Korea, created a new browser widget on Brave, introduced an upcoming debit card, and more.
The Big Story: Crypto’s Landing Page, in More Ways Than Ever
At Binance, we want to provide every solution possible for all your crypto needs, from information and analysis to buying, trading, and holding solutions. We’re serious about being crypto’s go-to destination.
One big step to that vision is our acquisition of CoinMarketCap, the most visited crypto website in the world. We are excited to explore the game-changing opportunities brought along by offering Binance’s expertise, resources, and scale to strengthen and improve CoinMarketCap’s offerings, including accurate, timely, and quality cryptocurrency data. Binance and CoinMarketCap will operate separately, and CoinMarketCap remains committed to maintaining its independence and integrity of crypto’s landing page.
Our purchase of CoinMarketCap is a continuation of the momentum we built the past year. In September 2019, we launched Binance Futures, our first salvo into the crypto derivatives market. Just seven months after, we have reached the top. With continued innovation and commitment to serving our users, Binance Futures is now the No. 1 futures exchange in crypto. But we won’t stop there. This past month, we launched Binance Options on our app, beginning with Bitcoin call and put options, with expiry periods between ten minutes to one day at market prices. Learn more about using Binance Options in this guide.
Another major step in our mission to be crypto’s brand of choice worldwide is the launch of Binance.KR, This is the first of many exchanges to be using the Binance Cloud solution, the new Binance-branded exchange catering South Korea is offering zero trading fees until June 30. Expect more Binance Cloud-powered exchanges and other platforms worldwide soon.
Aside from investments and product launches, we also engage in partnerships with other innovative crypto companies to expand our presence. We have worked with blockchain-based web browser Brave to integrate a Binance Widget that allows Brave users to trade crypto assets through Binance, natively within the browser. Do you want your website to feature the Binance Widget too? Join our Binance Widget partner program.
Through all the innovations and developments we offer, we want to make the world a better place. And in extraordinary times like these, amid the onslaught of the COVID-19 pandemic, we do our part in fighting the global spread of this disease. Binance Charity has launched the Crypto Against COVID project, through which we’re raising $5 million USD in cryptocurrencies (BNB, BTC, BUSD, and XRP) to be spent primarily on buying medical supplies for the countries heavily affected by the virus. Thus far, we have contributed $2.4 million to the cause, while more than 40 other companies in the crypto space have cumulatively pledged $275,000 towards the initiative, for a net total of $2.7 million in donations to-date. Click here to donate.
These are just some of the major events from the past months. Here are the most significant events that happened during Month 33.
In Other News
Week 1 Highlights (full report here)
- Binance, WazirX create 50 million USD Blockchain for India fund. This joint initiative will support the development and growth of blockchain startups in India. To join, email us your project information and business presentation.
- Binance integrates five Latin American currencies into the P2P platform. Peer-to-peer (P2P) trading has launched for Brazilian Real (BRL), Argentine Peso (ARS), Colombian Peso (COP), Mexican Peso (MXN) and Peruvian Sol (PEN).
- Binance Info revamps. Find information about the crypto projects that matter to you the most, without the clutter that comes with following too many feeds on various social media channels.
Week 2 Highlights (full report here)
- Introducing the Binance Card. Top-up your card with funds through the Binance Card App in the form of Bitcoin or BNB, and you're ready to go. The Binance Card will be accepted by more than 46 million merchants in 200 regions and territories. Register your interest, and we’ll let you know when the Binance Card becomes available in your country or region.
- Binance Futures Tournament - Over $1,000,000 in BNB to be Won. Form teams of traders and compete against other teams for a bigger share of the $1 million prize pool in BNB tokens.
- Binance Academy to establish a blockchain research institute in China. The Lingang Research Institute will be the hub for blockchain talent and the application of blockchain technology on cutting-edge technologies.
Week 3 Highlights (full report here)
- Binance OTC Trading Portal goes live. Through the OTC Trading Portal, traders can request for quotes (RFQ) on-demand 24/7. Once traders like the rates they see, they can proceed to confirm trades and receive quick settlement directly into their Binance account. Click here to learn how to use the portal.
- Latest AMA with CZ. Find about some of the important statements Binance CEO Changpeng (CZ) Zhao has shared about the Binance-CoinMarketCap deal, Binance Mining Pool, Binance Futures, and more, during his recent AMA.
- Coming soon: Binance Mining Pool. CZ revealed that the upcoming mining pool would join Binance’s suite of financial products.
Week 4 Highlights (full report here)
- Binance Futures launches Broker Bonus Program. As a broker, you can now earn a bonus of up to 72,000 USDT, based on the fees paid by your referrals over one calendar month. Apply here. We also have the Binance Futures Affiliate Bonus Program.
- Binance Launchpad’s newest project: Cartesi. The token sale for Cartesi (CTSI), a Layer 2 Linux infrastructure for the development and deployment of dApps, will begin on April 21. Read more about the project on Binance Research’s report here.
- Trust Wallet, Mercuryo partner for fiat-to-crypto transactions. Trust Wallet users are now able to use credit and debit cards to deposit crypto with ten fiat currencies, with no conversion fees, through this new partnership.
* Total cryptocurrencies listed (as of April 16): 194 (+3 from last month, -10 from the delisting of FTX leveraged tokens)
* New margin trading pairs: ETC/BUSD, TRX/BUSD, ADA/BUSD