Binance Weekly Report: Bitcoin ATH
In this weekly report (December 12 to December 18, 2020): Amid Bitcoin’s record high of $23,800, we offer fan tokens for Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain on Launchpool, engage with the UN and INTERPOL to protect crypto from crime, and more.
Crypto Market Overview
BTC breaks $23,000!
Bitcoin hit several all-time-highs within the span of this week’s last 72 hours. Starting at $18,100 on Saturday, BTC broke the $20,000 barrier on Wednesday and mounted a furious rally to reach as high as $23,800 on Thursday, before ending the week at $22,600 on a post-rally market correction.
This momentum for the world’s leading cryptocurrency lifted several altcoins. Ethereum, which began the week at $550, shot up to as high as $670 on Thursday before ending the week at $640. BNB also rose from $27 on Saturday to as high as $31 on Thursday, before retreating to $30 on Friday.
This week’s bullish trend reflected in the crypto industry’s total market cap, which slowly grew from $530 billion on Saturday to $573 billion on Wednesday, before rapidly shooting to a massive $646 billion on Friday.
For more crypto-related news and updates, head over to the Binance News service. We now move to updates from the Binance ecosystem and beyond.
Binance Exchange Updates
1. Binance enters a new strategic partnership with Chiliz, which operates fan influence and rewards platform Socios.com and has partnerships with some of the biggest sporting properties in the world, including football teams Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain.
2. Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain fan tokens on Binance Launchpool. Users can now stake BNB, BUSD, and CHZ tokens to earn JUV and PSG.
3. BNB Vault stakes into pools to farm JUV and PSG. Deposit your BNB to the BNB Vault to gain many earning opportunities, including automatic participation in Launchpool.
4. NEW LISTINGS: The Graph (GRT)
5. NEW TRADING PAIRS for the Vietnamese dong stablecoin: BUSD/BVND and USDT/BVND
6. Binance Liquid Swap adds BTC, offers 500,000 BUSD in rewards. During the activity period, users who provide liquidity in BTC/ETH, DAI/ETH, WBTC/ETH, and ETH/BUSD pools will share the 500,000 BUSD prize pool, in addition to earning basic interest.
8. Binance Pool launches 21st Phase of dual savings products for BTC, USDT, and BUSD.
9. Earn double rewards with NEO and VET Flexible Savings. These double rewards come in the form of their Flexible Savings interest plus distributions of reward tokens.
10. Binance supports the following blockchain updates: Aion (AION) & Cardano (ADA)
12. Snapshot details update for the Symbol (XYM) airdrop for NEM (XEM) holders. We will only count XEM positions in spot wallets and savings accounts; holdings in margin accounts will be excluded.
13. Removed trading pairs: AION/BNB, IRIS/BNB, MDT/BNB, NKN/BNB, STORJ/BUSD.
Binance Smart Chain Updates
14. New on Binance Smart Chain: PARSIQ cross-chain events solution. BSC has successfully integrated PARSIQ, the cross-chain blockchain events solution supported by Binance’s $100M Accelerator Fund, for use by BSC smart contracts.
16. Binance Chain monthly update for December: Binance Chain has been running smoothly for more than one year. Its block height exceeds 131 million, with more than 168 million transactions submitted by about 819,000 addresses. We have a total of 313 BEP2 tokens on Binance Chain now.
18. Accelerate derivatives adoption on BSC with Injective. BSC partners with Injective to further accelerate derivatives adoption on the BSC ecosystem. Binance’s primary asset, BNB is already available on Injective’s Solstice V2 Testnet.
From the Binance Team
19. Our discussions with the UN and INTERPOL. Over the years, we have continued to engage with global institutions such as the United Nations (UN) and the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) to form actionable discussions and working relations to achieve our common mission of protecting the industry.
20. Binance Masterclass 2020: Providing Free Crypto Education to Over 70,000 Africans. The Binance Africa team has organized more than 400+ free events in 2020, getting attendees across 40+ countries online and offline. Binance Masterclass for Africa series reached over 30,000+ confirmed attendees, plus 70,000+ people via registrations and YouTube views.
21. Binance Review, Month 41: All-Time Highs. Learn everything that happened during Binance’s Month 41 (November 15 to December 15, 2020). There’s a lot to cover!
Binance Futures/Options/Margin Updates
22. Binance Affiliate Program: Futures bonus tiers update. We added two more bonus tiers to reward the top performers and make it easier for everyone to achieve higher levels. This reduces the gaps between the tiers, allowing faster progress towards the higher bonuses.
23. Binance launches Futures Battle Badges. Binance has launched a new Badge feature for the Futures Battle activity to enhance user experience. Battle Badges are earned from a point-based tier system that utilizes battle points accumulated by users.
27. Cross Margin trading for THETA enabled on Binance
Binance Ecosystem Updates
28. Binance Labs leads $12 million investment round for MATH. Binance Labs invests in MATH, a multi-chain and cross-chain blockchain assets hub behind the universal crypto wallet MathWallet.
29. Binance donates $60,000 to help rebuild and restore Notre-Dame. Binance Charity is donating 3.211 BTC (worth about $60,000) to Friends of Notre-Dame de Paris to contribute to the restoration of Notre-Dame Cathedral’s Mays paintings, which were damaged in a disastrous fire in April 2019.
30. Binance Academy’s newest articles:
31. Binance Research’s newest reports:
Binance Fiat/Stablecoin/BNB Updates
31. P2P Merchant Story: How a university student built his crypto business during COVID-19. Being a Binance P2P merchant has become a decent job opportunity to earn money at home during the COVID-19 pandemic. ManilaQC, a university student from the Philippines, shared his inspiring story of how he became a Binance P2P merchant.
33. EUR holidays trading competition. The top 500 participants by EUR trading volume will qualify for a prize pool of 40,000 BUSD.
34. Complete your first fiat deposit or card transaction to get 7 BUSD cashback. The first 10,000 Binance users to complete any 1 of the 2 following tasks during the promotion period will receive a cashback reward of 7 BUSD.
35. Binance P2P launches Lucky Thursday promo with $10,000 in prizes. Starting December 10, P2P traders can participate in the promotions on each Thursday in December to win multiple prizes!
Promos and Community
38. NEW: #BinanceChristmas: We’re giving away over $100,000 in presents and rare Christmas NFTs! Starting December 13, we initiated the festivities with #BinanceChristmas – 12 days straight of activities and promotions for all eligible users worldwide. We prepared for you nice presents, from Binance merchandise and Cash & Savings vouchers to rare holiday-themed Binance Smart Chain NFTs.
39. ONGOING: Bounce Token (BOT) trading competition - Over $65,000 to be won! Competition ends December 22.
40. ONGOING: StormX trading competition - $50,000 in STMX to be won! Competition ends December 24.
41. ONGOING: Welcome Bonus Program – promo runs until the end of this year.
42. ONGOING: Swipe and Binance Card holiday promotion - Up to 100,000 SXP to be Won! Binance and the Swipe team have committed up to a total of 100,000 SXP in rewards to celebrate the introduction of the Binance Card to users in the EEA region and the upcoming Christmas season.
44. COMPLETED: Binance Learn & Earn Recap and Quiz: $20,000 IDEX Giveaway
45. COMPLETED: ETH 2.0 Futures Trading Competition