In this weekly report (May 4 to 10, 2020): Binance P2P launches ad posting, Binance Pool climbs up the mining pool rankings, and Binance prepares for the upcoming Bitcoin halving event.
Binance Ecosystem Updates
1. Binance P2P launches ad posting. Through the new advertisement posting feature on Binance P2P, you can post trade ads to buy and sell crypto assets using 24 fiat currencies with zero advertisement or transaction fees on the Binance mobile app.
2. Binance Pool becomes the top 10 mining pool just a week after launch. The ranking is based on a 24-hour hash rate. Take advantage of our zero-fee rate for the first month by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Binance, WazirX launch Polaris crypto-entrepreneur initiative. Polaris is an initiative designed under the Blockchain for India Fund to meet the needs of first-time entrepreneurs and tech talents who want to explore working on crypto and blockchain-related projects. Apply for the program now!
4. Binance Charity launches PPE Token, donates 200,000 masks in New York. More than 200,000 masks/PPE will be delivered to hospitals and first-responders throughout New York City via couriers. Binance Charity will utilize the PPE token as a form of compensation and proof-of-delivery technology.
5. Binance Charity’s impact in Uganda: 85,162 pupils from 104 schools, all helped through the Binance for Children Special Impact Education project.
From the Binance Team
8. Celebrate Bitcoin Halving Day With Us! #BinanceHalvingParty. The Binance community will hold a #BinanceHalvingParty global event to celebrate the upcoming halving of Bitcoin. Register now to participate in the raffle, meet the industry leaders, and more.
9. Highlights: Binance x Brave AMA. In a special AMA for the blockchain community, our CEO Changpeng Zhao (CZ) met remotely met with Brendan Eich, the CEO and co-founder of Brave Software, the makers of the privacy-focused Brave browser. Watch the recording of the live AMA on Youtube.
10. CZ’s media/event appearances: At the Ethereal Virtual Summit, discussing macroeconomy with Laura Shin, and at CNBC Africa, discussing the latest crypto trends on the continent. Speaking of Africa, CZ will appear on the Binance Africa Webinar, scheduled for May 14.
11. Binance is part of The Coindesk 50. Thanks to Coindesk for recognizing us as an innovator in the crypto industry. We may be entry No. 1 on the list, but we will continue to work as hard as we did before all the acclaim.
12. What to Expect From the Third Bitcoin Halving. What are your expectations for the upcoming Bitcoin halving? Read our article about the halving scenarios the bulls and the bears can’t stop talking about.
13. Teana Baker-Taylor joins Binance as the new U.K. director. Teana will develop Binance’s presence in the U.K. and leading expansion across the European region.
Binance Exchange Updates
14. The new market activity indicators. To provide our users with more insights on market movements, we came up with new indicators. Check them out below.
15. Community Coin Vote Round 8 results: Chromia (CHR) wins. Thanks to all voters, and congratulations to all prize winners. We have also listed CHR and opened CHR/BNB, CHR/BTC, and CHR/USDT trading pairs.
16. Binance Savings adds two more tokens to flexible savings. ATOM (with an individual max limit of 3,500,000 ATOM) and NEO (1,000,000 NEO limit).
17. Distribution of the first batch of staking rewards for April.
19. Removal of trading pairs (see the list here).
Binance Futures and Options Updates
20. April Trading Report: Increased interest in Bitcoin ahead of halving event. Bitcoin has outperformed gold and the US 10-year Treasury Note, positioning itself as the top-performing asset class of 2020 so far, according to the report.
21. Binance Futures insurance fund adds 30,000,000 USDT. The fund is being increased after 13,000,000 USDT was used to protect our users.
22. Trollbox feature on testnet. Stay tuned for future announcements on when this will be live.
Promos and Community
23. ONGOING: 12.5 BTC Bounty Program. To celebrate Bitcoin halving day, we are giving you tasks that allow you to win BTC. Complete all four tasks, and get your share of the 6 BTC prize pool. More prize pools await for completed tasks. Promo runs until May 18.
24. ONGOING: Trust Wallet’s TWT giveaway. Ten winners are gaining 500 TWT.
26. DONE: Community Coin Vote Round 8 vote sharing promo. Congratulations to the ten winners of $300 worth of CHR tokens.
27. DONE: WTC trading competition. Congratulations to the winners sharing the prize pool of $85,000 in WTC tokens.