On this weekly report (August 5 to 11, 2019): Binance US reveals the first group of potential listings, Binance Launchpad readies Perlin token sale, Binance Labs launches gaming-focused hackathon, and more!
1. Binance US reveals the first group of potential listings ahead of launch. Binance US CEO Catherine Coley discussed the latest updates about the US-focused exchange ahead of its launch.
2. Binance Launchpad to launch Perlin token sale. For its eighth token sale, Binance Launchpad will start the BNB balance count starts August 9, while ticket claiming starts August 24. Results will be announced on August 25, followed by an airdrop on August 26. For more details about Perlin, here’s a report from Binance Research.
3. Binance Labs launches global gaming hackathon. Game Oasis Hackathon, co-hosted by Binance Labs, Cocos-BCX, Celer Network, Contentos, and Matic Network, will start with onsite hackathons in Shanghai, Seoul, San Francisco, and Bengaluru.
4. Updates from Binance:
* New VIP structure for margin trading. On top of the current borrowable amount and daily interest rate, VIP users get up to 10x the standard borrowable amount, plus 20% discount on daily interest rates.
* Margin trading for 3 more cryptocurrencies. New margin and borrowable assets are USDC, LTC, ETC. New margin pairs are BTC/USDC, LTC/USDT, LTC/BTC, ETC/USDT, ETC/BTC
* New listing: BEP2 TrueUSD. TUSDB, a BEP2 asset on Binance Chain issued by TrustToken, will trade on Binance through the TUSDB/TUSD pair.
* Binance updates users’ NANO addresses. This is in support of NANO’s recent address prefix upgrade.
5. Binance releases statement on false “KYC leak”. We are offering a reward of up to 25 BTC to identify the individual who attempted to extort and harass us and then publicly distributed 10,000 photos that bear similarity to Binance KYC data when we refused to cooperate.
- Cobo supports Binance Chain. Cobo Wallet and Custody can now store BNB.
- Crypto.com integrates Binance Chain. BNB is now added to the Crypto.com’s Crypto Earn deposit service.
9. New Binance Podcast episode featuring Binance Academy. Learn from “Mr. Binance Academy” about crypto security basics. Also, install Binance Academy on all your devices. Here’s the guide. Plus, new terms on Binance Academy glossary: general public license, gwei, hash, Sharpe ratio, and weak subjectivity.
10. New Binance Research report on Global Markets. In its newest series of monthly reports, Binance Research worked with Binance Trading to analyze cryptocurrency markets from an institutional lens. Also, follow on Twitter for timely crypto market observations, like the Litecoin halving charts below.
11. Updates from Binance Leadership:
* Binance CEO CZ discusses Binance’s rise on the newest Flippening podcast.
* Strategy Officer Gin Chao spoke with Bitcoin.com’s podcast, talking about Binance philosophy and strategy.
* Chief Growth Officer Ted LIn was interviewed on The Core podcast by ZelCore, a crypto wallet that has integrated Binance DEX.
12. Binance promos roundup:
* $300,000 Harmony giveaway. Trade ONE or run a Pangaea node to get a share of this giveaway. This is the third in a series of Launchpad Project promos; the second one involving Fetch.AI tokens was just concluded.
* ANKR trading competition. 10 BTCB to be given away to select active traders of the just-listed ANKR token.
* Binance hoodie promos: done through the Binance Staking Quiz, which is ongoing for a few more days. Hoodies are also being given away on Binance Telegram communities in Arabic, Turkish, and Malay.
* Various Telegram AMAs (with prizes): WINk on Binance English (USD 5,000 in WIN tokens), Harmony on Binance Italian (USD 300 in ONE tokens), IoTeX on Binance Korean (USD 300 in IOTEX tokens), Chiliz on Trust Wallet (300,000 CHZ), and QuarkChain on Binance French (5,000 QKC).
BONUS: Pics of the Week
Kudos to Hugo Prasetyo S.Si M.M for sharing his story of how BNB helped finance his advanced education. You inspire us.
Follow Binance Charity on Instagram to see more pictures of our blockchain-powered outreach programs.
Special thanks to the City of Kure, Japan, for the letter of appreciation for Binance Charity’s West Japan Disaster Relief project last year.
Just a quick reminder that you can take Binance anywhere.
Binance Singapore joins the nation in celebrating its independence day.