On this weekly report (July 29 to August 4, 2019): Binance holds its first meetup in London, Binance Charity sets the record straight on transparent blockchain-powered charity, Binance Launchpad completes seventh token sale, and more!
1. Binance goes to London for its first meetup in the UK. Binance CEO CZ (Changpeng Zhao) held a live AMA session moderated by Reuters journalist Ania Poullain-Majchrzak. He addressed several questions from the crypto community and revealed plans to launch a crypto lending service that will support margin trading.
Meanwhile, Binance Europe COO Mariana Gospodinova touted the advantages of Binance Jersey, which has lower deposit, withdrawal, and trading fees than seven of the biggest fiat-to-crypto exchanges in Europe. “These fees are not matched by anyone on the market yet. You can have the exact same experience as you can have with Binance.com,” said Mariana.
2. Binance Charity outlines transparent donation process. In a new statement, Binance Charity explains how it uses blockchain for social good and gives a full disclosure of what it has achieved. We show a flowchart of the process below. For more details, listen to this AMA with Binance Charity Director Jill Ni.
Meanwhile, here’s Binance Charity in action. Girls at Nakigo Secondary School in Uganda line up to register and get Pink Care Tokens. About 1,100 girls have benefited from this program.
3. Binance Launchpad completes WINk token sale. On the seventh token sale of Binance Launchpad, 40,870 held 200,000 winning tickets, each entitling them to get 249,750 WIN tokens. Binance also listed WINk on the exchange and opened trading for WIN/BNB, WIN/BTC, WIN/USDT, and WIN/USDC.
4. Updates from Binance:
* New procedure for daily BNB balance calculation. The calculation is now: Daily Average Spot Account Balance + Daily Average Margin Account Balance + Daily Average Sub-accounts Balance.
- Binance Chain completes Hubble upgrade on mainnet. The hardfork added new features and improve network stability.
6. Binance Singapore extends referral program. Due to popular demand, you now have until the end of the year to get 20 SGD for joining Binance Singapore and trading over 100 SGD or inviting a friend who trades over 100 SGD.
8.Binance Academy’s New Article: What Is Hashing? Get to know why hashing is at the core of cryptocurrencies. Also, learn new terms on the Binance Academy glossary, such as Linux, market momentum, rekt, RSI, and store of value.
10. New on Binance Podcast: Anthony Pompliano talks about how Bitcoin enters the mainstream conversations in the US, while Leslie from Binance Trading discusses the first report of Binance Research’s new portfolio management research series.
11. TravelbyBit promo: Blocksow Asia 2019 Ticket + Binance Hoodie. Book a hotel or flight to Singapore using crypto on TravelbyBIt and get a chance to win. It’s easy to book trips using crypto; learn from Jaide’s crypto-fueled adventure in Australia.
12. Updates from Binance Leadership:
* Chief Marketing Officer He Yi was named one of this year’s top 100 influencers in the blockchain world by the LATTICE80 2019 Blockchain 100.
* Chief Growth Officer Ted LIn was interviewed on Cryptonites podcast. He discussed Binance Coin, decentralized exchanges, and more crypto topics.
BONUS: Pics of the Week
Binance team meets South Australia Premier Steven Marshall (center, with Binance cap)
#UseBNB for July 2019. Slowly but surely.