In this weekly report (July 22 to 28, 2019): Binance enables API functionality for Margin Trading, adds staking support for Komodo (KMD) and Algorand (ALGO), expands on block trading services with Binance Trading, hosts giveaways for euros, tokens and 1,000 Yubikeys, and more!
1. In Binance news:
- After recently supporting staking for Stellar (XLM), Binance has expanded support for more staking mechanisms: Komodo (KMD) and Algorand (ALGO). Users holding KMD on Binance may expect to receive a first staking reward bonus distributed from an additional pool of 250,000 KMD (worth approximately $300,000 USD), along with the first staking disbursement on September 1, 2019.
For ALGO holders, the initial staking reward bonus will be distributed from an additional reward pool of 220,000 ALGO (approximately $135,000 USD). For more details, read our announcements on KMD Staking and ALGO Staking.
- Binance.com has enabled API functionality for Margin Trading and now supports transfers of assets, lending of assets, return of assets and setting/cancelling trading orders via API. Read more about that functionality here, and refer to the full API documentation on Margin Trading here.
- Binance’s Margin Trading platform has added margin trading for ONT and ADA, with new margin pairs: ONT/BTC, ONT/USDT, ADA/USDT and ADA/BTC. For a list of all supported assets and trading pairs for margin trading, please refer to the Binance Margin Data page.
- Binance Trading offers a personalized way for users to trade large block sizes (generally over 10 BTC) quickly and securely. For large orders, trading over-the-counter (OTC) is a good alternative to trading directly on the exchange order books where you might affect the market price of the token and negatively impact your execution level. Read more at: Block Trading Services with Binance Trading.
- Binance Chain has completed an update, called Hubble, in testnet on July 24. Read here for more details.
- The Binance Chain Community also published “12 Things You Should Know About IDOs” to help explain the term coined by community members for Initial DEX Offerings.
- Binance has listed Ankr (ANKR) as the first Binance DEX project to be listed on Binance.com from the BEP2 community listing program, a new initiative Binance introduced last month to support the development of high quality blockchain projects in the industry. Read about ANKR in the ANKR Binance Research report.
3. Updates from the Binance fiat gateways:
- Binance Singapore has listed Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and opened trading for BCH/SGD.
4. Here are the promos from last week spanning the Binance communities and ecosystem:
- Binance Jersey has extended its 100,000 EUR giveaway for new users who complete user verification. Read here for the full mechanics.
- Binance and Binance Launchpad project Fetch.AI have together committed a total of 1,200,000 FET tokens to give away to users to celebrate Binance’s 2nd anniversary, through Launchpad Project Promotion Round 2.
- Binance has enabled withdrawals to be completed via security keys (U2F) and has committed 1,000 Yubikeys to give away to users. Read more about the giveaway here: Answer Binance’s Security Test for a Chance to Win 1 of 1,000 Yubikeys!
- Binance’s 2nd Anniversary promotion with BNB and Elrond activities has now concluded. All BNB and ERD token prizes have now been distributed to the winners’ accounts.
5. Trust Wallet, the official crypto wallet app of Binance and native support for the community-led decentralized exchange Binance DEX, has added support for Kyber Network Protocol. Read the Trust Wallet Blog for more details.
6. The global Binance community held two meetups this past week.
- Trust Wallet hosted a meetup in San Francisco, California, on July 25. Viktor Radchenko, founder of Trust Wallet, spoke on Incentivizing Open Source, and weighed in on a panel discussion on “End to End Accessibility: Supporting the Growth of Billion Dollar Networks” alongside other speakers from the industry.
- The Binance meetup on July 27 was hosted in the beautiful city of Hue, Vietnam, where attendees discussed topics ranging from Binance margin trading and Binance DEX, to the upcoming WINk token launch on Binance Launchpad.
7. Speaking of meetups, Binance announced that it is hosting its first meetup in London, U.K., on August 1. At this meetup, CZ will hold a live ask-me-anything (AMA) session and Binance Europe Head Mariana Gospodinova will speak about the impact of blockchain technology on financial markets. Register here to take part in the first-ever Binance London meetup.
8. Binance Research, the market research and analysis arm of Binance, has found that portfolios that include Bitcoin tend to exhibit overall better risk-return profiles than traditional multi-asset class portfolios. Read more about the findings on this report: Portfolio Management Series #1: Diversification Benefits with Bitcoin.
9. Binance’s educational arm Binance Academy added new content to the Binance Academy Glossary, including: Block Explorer, Confluence, Fungibility, Hash Rate, Proof of Stake (PoS). Visit the Binance Academy Glossary to expand your crypto vocabulary.
10. On the latest episode of Binance Podcast, Trust Wallet founder Viktor Radchenko shares his vision for a decentralized world: his own life story, his purpose behind creating Trust Wallet, joining forces with Binance, and what’s next for the best wallet in crypto. Listen to the podcast here.
11. Binance is hiring! Calling for marketing and product gurus. Join us in our vision to spread the freedom of money; be a part of the future of technology, and apply for a position at Binance today! We’re looking for UI designers, front-end developers, UX researchers, copywriters, growth hackers, PR specialists and more. See our open positions and apply on Binance’s Careers page.
That’s a wrap for last week! Please follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to stay up-to-date with our latest announcements. Join our official Binance Telegram group to participate in discussions with our users, staff, and volunteers.