Also in this weekly report (June 3 to 9, 2019): Binance hires new strategy officer, 10 blockchain companies give their reasons for choosing Binance Chain, Binance Labs reveals startups for Season 2 of its Incubation Program, and more!
1. Binance CFO Wei Zhou revealed that Binance will create new stablecoins. During a panel discussion at Money 20/20 Europe, the Binance CFO said that the Binance is currently testing a stablecoin pegged to British Pounds, with plans to launch it in the future.
“BGBP, which we are currently testing and will launch in the future, is an effort to diversify the stablecoin assets offered in the ecosystem. In line with Binance's mission, we would like to provide users with more freedom of choice,” Wei said.
2. You can now buy Binance Coin (BNB) using credit cards such as those issued by Visa and MasterCard! BNB now joins Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, and Bitcoin Cash as the official cryptocurrencies that you can buy on Binance using credit cards. Check out our upcoming new page for buying cryptocurrencies such as BNB with credit cards and other fiat options.
3. Trust Wallet, the official crypto wallet app of Binance, has officially launched support for trading on Binance DEX, the community-led decentralized exchange built on Binance Chain. With this integration, experience the freedom to choose how you trade your digital assets on Binance DEX, while you retain complete ownership of funds on your Trust Wallet. Read here for more info.
Aside from integration on Trust Wallet, here are some more updates on Binance DEX and Binance Chain:
* Binance Coin, the native token of Binance Chain, is now available for swapping on Changelly.
* DDEX Wallet launches support for Binance Chain.
* NOWPayments’ non-custodial service now allows its users to accept Binance Coin from Binance Chain.
These are just some of the newest additions to the Binance Chain network of blockchain projects. To know more about what drives these companies to trust Binance Chain, read this new article: 10 Reasons Why Blockchain Projects Choose Binance Chain.
4. Binance Labs, the investment arm of Binance, announced the 13 newest projects to graduate from Season 2 of the Binance Labs Incubation Program. With regional chapters on three continents, the Binance Labs Incubation Program focuses on helping top founders bootstrap and achieve product-market fit in the global blockchain landscape. Get to know more about these 13 projects on this new article.
We also congratulate Binance Labs for its recently concluded BUIDLers day for all Incubation Program projects this season. Special thanks to the 13 Incubation Program teams, including 41 BUIDLers across 4 continents, as well as the 43 program mentors and more than 150 strategic partners who were part of the program and closing event.
5. Binance welcomed Gin Chao as its Strategy Officer. A former Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Development at the National Basketball Association and Director of Strategy at Dell, Chao joins Binance to oversee its global strategy, ranging from the Labs to strategic fiat-to-crypto gateways.
6. Binance Research the market analysis arm of global cryptocurrency exchange, Binance, has released the first research report on a new series analyzing Decentralized Finance, also known as DeFi or Open Finance. “While the Open Finance initiative is, by nature, platform-agnostic, DeFi applications are almost exclusively being developed and used on Ethereum,” Binance Research pointed out in the report titled DeFi Series #1 - Decentralized Cryptoasset Lending & Borrowing.
7. Binance’s educational arm Binance Academy offered new content this past week, such as:
- What Are Options Contracts? Understand how options contracts work, and how it is different from futures contracts.
8. Binance Podcast just released a new episode, this time featuring Thomas Lee, Co-founder of Fundstrat Global. He shares his thoughts from a fundamental valuation perspective on the current crypto market and on the Wall Street FoMo mentality. Hear the full podcast below.
Binance Podcast invites leaders, entrepreneurs, scholars and influencers from different industries as guests to talk about how blockchain technology affects their respective industries and how it’s gonna change the world. Since its launch, Binance Podcast has gained 10,109 listens on Buzzsprout, 10,035 subscribers on Castbox, and 3,632 views on YouTube. Thank you very much for your continued support. Follow Binance Podcast on the following channels: iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, YouTube, Castbox, and Buzzsprout.
9. TravelbyBit, the Binance-backed Australian company that supports crypto adoption in the travel and tourism industries, has launched a payment gateway that fully supports Binance Coin and is powered by Binance Chain! Go to their website to check out their latest deals and offers.
10. Binance held three meetups this past week. The Binance meetup in Moscow, Russia, last June 4 was the biggest Binance meetup yet. Chief Growth Officer Ted Lin graced the event as special guest.
The meetup in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, also held on June 4, featured CFO Wei Zhou as special guest and focused on the convergence of blockchain and finance. Appearances like Ted’s and Wei’s on our global events further highlight Binance’s commitment to our global communities.
Meanwhile, Binance held its first-ever meetup in Johannesburg, South Africa, last June 6. This community-led campaign was made possible by Binance Angels in the area.
11. Speaking of Ted Lin, Binance’s Chief Growth Officer was a distinguished panelist at the Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum. “People can choose a centralized or decentralized exchange, either Binance.com or Binance DEX. We are not betting on one or another, we are betting on crypto adoption which means providing choices.”
12. To celebrate Binance’s upcoming 2nd anniversary, we launched a video contest. Get a chance to win up to 200 BNB from a prize pool of 1000 BNB! Create a five-minute video that talks about the Binance ecosystem or milestones. Read the full instructions here.
13. Trust Wallet capped off the work week by offering free beer money in the form of BNB. The promo selected 20 winners of free BNB from those who downloaded the Trust Wallet app and replied to this tweet with their BNB address.
14. Speaking of promos, we recently concluded the Harmony trading airdrop on Binance DEX. Congratulations to all the winners and thank you for participating in this airdrop.
BONUS: Pic of the Week
Not all heroes wear capes. But when they do, they wear Binance capes. Want one? Join our Binance Angels program now!
That’s a wrap for last week! Please follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to stay up-to-date with our latest announcements. Join our official Binance Telegram group to participate in discussions with our users, staff, and volunteers.
端午节快乐! (Happy Dragon Boat Festival!) Join our Binance Chinese group.