Also in this weekly report (May 27 to June 2, 2019): Binance Singapore offers BNB, Binance Charity and Ugandan NGO partner to help 100,000 children, a Binance meetup on a yacht(!) and so much more.
1. The Harmony token sale on Binance Launchpad concluded with 16,666 winning tickets held by 12,977 total winners. About 30.82% of all 54,076 claimed tickets had winning combinations, with each ticket granting 94,503.78 ONE tokens to holders.
But that’s just the start of the rollout for Harmony. As a token created on the community-led Binance Chain, Harmony began trading on both Binance exchange and the decentralized exchange Binance DEX, while also running a trading airdrop on Binance DEX. Over the course of the 5-day promotion, a total of 25,000,000 ONE tokens and 3,000 BNB tokens are being airdropped to people who trade Harmony tokens on Binance DEX.
Numerous crypto observers noted that the promotion propelled Binance DEX to the top spot among decentralized exchanges in terms of trading volume. We are very grateful for the community’s support for Binance DEX. We also congratulate the winners of the #HarmonyLottery contest on Twitter.
2. Here’s the latest rundown on the use cases of Binance Coin (BNB), the official native token of Binance. BNB has grown the number of its use cases by 50% in just two months, mainly driven by the launch of Binance Chain. Read this blog for more details on the new use cases.
3. Speaking of new use cases for BNB, Binance Singapore has just launched trading for BNB and Ethereum. The fiat-to-crypto platform’s users can now use their Singaporean dollars to purchase BNB and Ethereum.
In addition, Binance Singapore has launched a new promo for its new users. The platform will give out 5 $SGD to people who complete a total of 100 $SGD in valid trading volume across any pair. Users can also invite their friends to get an additional 5 $SGD per referral when they hit the same volume. Join the referral program here.
To celebrate the listing of BNB and ETH, Binance Singapore is also giving away 10 Binance Hoodies. Join the hoodie promo here.
4. Binance Jersey, a fiat-to-crypto platform for Europe and the UK, announced that it will continue to give a 50% discount on all trading fees until this year ends. Click here to register for Binance Jersey.
5. Binance Charity, the philanthropic arm of Binance, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Safe Future, a non-governmental organization (NGO) initiated by Uganda’s Minister for the Presidency, to provide a brighter future for 100,000 children in the country through the Binance for Children initiative. Read this article to know more about this new endeavor, and donate your crypto to Binance Charity’s projects to make a difference in the world.
6. Binance Labs, the investment arm of Binance, once again gathered the BUIDLers of Season 2 of the Binance Labs Incubation Program. This time, BUIDLers from all three of the program’s regional hubs received mentorship from Binance CEO Changpeng “CZ” Zhao.
7. Binance’s educational arm Binance Academy talked about three of its new features -- an all-new glossary quiz, text-to-speech feature for articles, and user navigation enhancements, on this new article. In addition, Binance Academy offered new content this past week, such as:
- Margin Trading. Understand how margin trading works, particularly when it comes to trading cryptocurrencies
8. Binance Research has released the following publications during the past week:
- The “Latest Insights & Analytics” research booklet, a compilation of all industry-level reports made between March and May 2019, covering diverse topics such as stablecoins, prediction markets, crypto halvings, and more.
- A comprehensive report on IoTeX, a decentralized network for the Internet of Things. Read the team’s insights on the project in this report.
Also, follow Binance Research on Twitter to get live access to the latest insights on the cryptocurrency markets, including this chart below outlining their latest insights on Ethereum.
9. Binance held three meetups this past week. The Binance meetup in Istanbul, Turkey, last May 29 was a celebration of both blockchain ecosystem and vibrant culture on a yacht off the city’s coast. Check out the awesome video below to see a one-of-a-kind meetup.
The June 1 meetup in Hyderabad, India, was immediately followed by a June 2 meetup in Ahmedabad, India. This breakneck pace of blockchain-related gatherings across India shows the country’s passion for blockchain technology.
10. Binance Podcast just released a new episode, this time featuring Alexandre Dreyfus, the CEO of Socios.com & Chiliz, in a discussion regarding the tokenization of the sports industry. Hear the full podcast below.
11. Follow Trust Wallet on Twitter now, and be informed with its new Tweet series on the 7 Essential Steps To Keep Your Wallet Secure.
12. We are giving you a preview of the change that will come for Binance. Go to beta.binance.com now to experience what’s next.
BONUS: Pics of the Week
Seems pretty easy to follow…
That’s a wrap for last week! Please follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to stay up-to-date with our latest announcements. Join our official Binance Telegram group to participate in discussions with our users, staff, and volunteers. Speaking of Instagram...