Also in this weekly report (May 20 to 27, 2019): Trade big volumes with Binance Trading’s OTC services, new quiz on Binance Academy, first meetup in Nigeria, and more!
1. Binance DEX, the community-led decentralized exchange powered by Binance Chain, recently concluded the first month on mainnet, special thanks to the numerous blockchain projects that have supported it. Here are the latest integrations, migrations, and more:
* Binance Chain is powering the launch of the Socios mobile app, where avid fans of popular football team Juventus FC can use Fan Tokens by tokenization platform Chiliz to interact with the club’s players.
* Fantom Foundation, a blockchain project for smart cities, will work with Binance Chain to create a multi-asset, cross-chain ecosystem.
* Mobile wallets MEET.ONE and Guarda announce full support of Binance Coin and other tokens on Binance Chain.
These are just some of the numerous achievements by the Binance DEX and Binance Chain community, which you can see in this monthly report.
2. With the #HarmonyLottery promo, you can be one of the 10 winners of $300 worth of Harmony (ONE) tokens. Tweet your lottery ticket numbers for the Harmony token sale on Binance Launchpad to get a chance to win ONE tokens even if you did not win the lottery. Read the complete promo details here.
For more details about getting your ticket numbers and other procedures for the token sale, click here.
3. Binance Trading, the official over-the-platform trading service of Binance, released a new blog explaining the merits of OTC trading, especially for large-volume traders. Join Binance Trading’s Telegram channel at https://t.me/BinanceOTC to see a list of authorized traders you can speak with for your OTC needs.
4. Binance Labs, the investment arm of Binance, gathered the BUIDLers from all three of its regional hubs during the latest mentorship session for Season 2 of the Binance Labs Incubation Program. The innovative BUIDLers, who we’ll reveal soon, participated in sessions led by Binance Co-Founder and Chief Marketing Officer He Yi and Chief Growth Officer Ted Lin.
In addition, Binance Labs introduced new fellows from its Binance Fellowship initiative: HOPR, an incentivized private messaging protocol by Dr. Sebastian Bürgel from Validity Labs, and Kitsune Wallet, an upgradeable on-chain wallet by Hadrien Croubois. Stay tuned for more introductions of new fellows on this blog.
5. Binance’s educational arm Binance Academy launched two new features for a more engaging learning experience and enriched its content base further with new entries on its glossary:
- The new Glossary Quiz from Binance Academy measures your proficiency in blockchain and cryptocurrency terms you need to know. Choose from Beginner, Immediate, or Advanced levels.
- The new Audio Format for Binance Academy articles allows you to learn on the go, without needing to spend significant screentime to read articles on blockchain and crypto.
Also, follow Binance Research on Twitter to get live access to the latest insights on the cryptocurrency markets, including this chart below outlining recent significant altcoin movements.
7. Here, we sum up some media coverage and statements from our thought leaders in Binance:
- Binance Co-Founder and CMO He Yi answered various questions in an interview with 499Block, a community focused on women in crypto. “As for vision, we hope that we can become the underlying system of the blockchain industry. In terms of values, we are always dedicated to one obligation, that is, protecting the users,” she said in the extensive interview.
- Binance Charity Executive Director Athena Yu was a distinguished speaker at the Lagos Blockchain, AI & Digital Asset Conference, in Lagos, Nigeria. “Africa is not a follower any more in the fourth industrial revolution. Blockchain offers a golden opportunity for the bottom billion to live better lives through accessible finance," she said.
- Forbes recently published an article about the decentralized nature of Binance’s operations, describing a team distributed across the globe and working across different time zones. Asked about this setup, Binance Charity Head Helen Hai said, “Part of our team spent a lot of time in Africa. Working on the ground with our end beneficiaries helped us to understand the needs and challenges better.”
8. Speaking of Binance Charity, the philanthropic arm of Binance recently shared the story of how Crypto.com, through co-founder Bobby Lee, was motivated to help improve thousands of children’s lives with a generous 28,888 BNB donation, after an in-flight movie and a speech from CZ.
9. Binance held two meetups this past week. The May 25 meetup in Chongqing, China, was a community gathering of Binance supporters, who bonded over blockchain and hotpots.
The meetup in Lagos, Nigeria, also held last May 25, was the first in the country. Binance Charity’s Athena Yu graced the event and shared how blockchain is the future of Africa.
BONUS: Pics of the Week (this time, we feature three!)
And you thought the BNB coffee last week was hot? On this use case for #EatBNB, we offer you a Binance hotpot from the epicenter of the hottest, spiciest hotpots: Sichuan.
That’s a wrap for last week! Please follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to stay up-to-date with our latest announcements. Join our official Binance Telegram group to participate in discussions with our users, staff, and volunteers. Speaking of Instagram…