1. Binance Launchpad, the exclusive token launch platform of Binance, introduced the next project it will host: Celer Network. This testnet-deployed solution that aims to bring Internet scale to every blockchain will hold its token sale on March 19.
In relation to the announcement, Celer is launching a tester reward program exclusively to Binance users. A total of $30,000 in CELR tokens are in store for testnet participants. Click here for more details.
2. Binance CEO Changpeng “CZ” Zhao hosted his second live ask-me-anything (AMA) session to address multiple topics including decentralized exchanges, the Binance ecosystem, and more. Watch the full session here.
Here are some quotable quotes from that AMA:
- “Launchpad is a place where we want to help good projects raise money, but it's not only about raising money. We want to help them raise awareness and exposure.”
- “I think right now, the BNB token probably has more use cases than most other coins out there, and we continue to build and we continue to add more use cases and we continue to expand the BNB ecosystem and we will work very hard at it.”
- “The Binance Chain is a very fast blockchain. It's one-second blocks, one block is final. So basically, we will be able to achieve one-second transactions and I think this will have some really interesting implications.”
Speaking of Binance Chain, there are two ongoing competitions: Binance DEX Simulated Trading Competition, with 10,000 BNB worth of total prizes in store for winners, and the Binance Chain Testnet Bug Bounty Program, with up to US$10,000 worth of BNB being rewarded for each vulnerability found.
3. Binance Labs has secured a match investment commitment from Argentina’s Ministry of Production and Labour. The government agency will match the investment up to US$50,000 for every Argentine blockchain project that Binance Labs and Founders Lab. This collaboration came after Binance Labs selected Buenos Aires, the capital of one of the most crypto-friendly countries in Latin America, as a regional hub for this year’s Binance Labs Incubation Program.
In more Binance Labs news, the venture arm of Binance formally launched the Binance Labs Fellowship, a new initiative to support open source development of the blockchain stack. Fill up the form here for a chance to receive support from Binance Labs on your blockchain endeavors.
4. Binance continues its global community outreach, with its latest meetup in Hangzhou, China. The Binance community in the city discussed the various upcoming developments within the Binance ecosystem.
5. Binance.je, the European fiat-to-crypto platform, has lowered its deposit and withdrawal fees for British pound and Euro transactions. The platform has committed to continue listening to customer feedback and thanked its users for supporting it throughout its recent launch.
6. Binance took part in the worldwide celebration of International Women’s Day through the following endeavors:
- Binance published a blog entitled “Satoshi is Female: Dispelling 5 Common Myths in Crypto.” The piece contained stories of how misconceptions about women in blockchain are being disproved at Binance.
- The Binance Twitter account recognized the many women who are making a difference in blockchain and crypto.
- He Yi, Binance’s co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer, and CZ gave their statements about gender equality on this article on the topic. “Contrary to reports on the lack of women in blockchain, we are seeing more and more women joining our industry – including emerging leaders,” Yi said.
- Ella Zhang, the head of Binance Labs, was featured on Forbes as one of the women who change the blockchain industry.
7. Binance Academy, the educational arm of Binance, had an eventful week, with the following updates and promotions:
- Contribute to the ever-growing knowledge base of Binance Academy by submitting your own educational articles here.
- Have an even smoother experience on Binance Academy, with the recent bug fixes on the site.
Meanwhile, here are some new lessons that Binance Academy debuted during the past week:
- Stochastic RSI Explained. Know more about this technical analysis indicator and how you can use this on your trades on Binance.
- What is Hyperinflation? What happens when inflation becomes uncontrollable? And what can crypto offer to avoid this problem?
- What Makes a Blockchain Secure? Understand how blockchain’s fundamentals make the technology secure.
8. Binance Chief Growth Officer Ted Lin spoke at the Finance World Expo in Zug, Switzerland, to discuss the Binance ecosystem before movers and shakers in the world of finance. "Adoption requires awareness, education, and continuous user-centric innovation. It’s hard work, but we are in it for the long term,” Ted said during the event.
That’s a wrap for last week! Please follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to stay up-to-date with our latest announcements. Join our official Binance Telegram group to participate in discussions with our users, staff, and volunteers.