1. Binance has burned 1,623,818 BNB during the recently-concluded sixth iteration of the quarterly Binance Coin burn. This recent burn, which corresponds to the period between October 1 and December 31, 2018. Is quite similar to the 1,643,986 BNB amount burned in the previous quarter
2. Binance Jersey has been recently launched, providing secure and reliable fiat-to-cryptocurrency trading of the Euro (EUR) and British Pound (GBP) with Bitcoin and Ethereum in Europe and the U.K. thank you Binancians for your support for the new trading platform.
3. Binance Launchpad, the exclusive token launch platform of Binance, will launch the token sale of BitTorrent (BTT) on January 28, 2019, at 3 p.m. UTC. The BitTorrent token sale will run in two simultaneous sessions: one for purchases using Binance Coin (BNB) and another for purchases using TRON (TRX). Read here for more information about the token sale.
4. Binance Charity Foundation (BCF), the philanthropic arm of Binance, has launched a blockchain-powered charity solution for the benefit of the victims of the Bukalasi Sub-county Landslide Disaster in Uganda last October 2018. Here are further details on the solution. Meanwhile, here’s where you can donate for this project.
5. Trust Wallet, the official crypto wallet app of Biance, continues to expand its features –– by launching support for Dash! This development comes just a week after the app started supporting Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin. Read more about it on the Trust Wallet blog.
Meanwhile, Trust Wallet is supporting an airdrop of BitTorrent (BTT) tokens for all people who hold Tron tokens in their Trust Wallets.
6. In other news, Binance’s product team has added a new online chat feature on the Chinese version of the Binance website. This gives our Chinese-speaking Binancians with another avenue to reach out to us for their questions about using the exchange.
7. Binance Labs, the investment arm of Binance, welcomed Yele Bademosi as a new director. Based in Lagos, Nigeria, Yele will focus on developing the blockchain ecosystem in Africa, as well as sourcing blockchain projects and leading the Lagos chapter of the Binance Labs Incubation Program. Read more about Yele here.
8. The lessons keep on coming on Binance Academy, the educational arm of Binance. Learn more about the following topics:
- History of Cryptography. Understand how advances and applications of cryptography led to the blockchain revolution.
- Why Public WiFi Is Insecure. Get to know the risks of connecting to public WiFi networks to your information.
10. This weekend, we held the Binance SAFU Hackathon, a 32-hour event that kick-starts the Binance Blockchain Week. During the hackathon, about 100 developers took on the challenge of coming up with solutions that ensure the safety of transaction addresses. Read more about the event on this blog.
That’s a wrap for last week! Aside from our ever-growing Twitter account, please follow us on Instagram and Facebook to stay up-to-date with our latest announcements. Join our official Binance Telegram group to participate in discussions with our users, staff, and volunteers.