In this weekly report, we talk about big moves over at Binance Launchpad, plus a letter from CZ, CoinDesk’s Most Influential in Blockchain 2018.
1. Binance Launchpad, the exclusive token launch platform of Binance, is featuring new blockchain projects this year, starting with BitTorrent and Fetch.AI. Read more about Launchpad and how to participate in the upcoming token launches here.
2. Welcome the new year with new blockchain lessons from Binance Academy! Learn more about...
- What is Fiat Currency? Get to know the current monetary system and how crypto interacts with and disrupts it.
- What Happened During the 2008 Financial Crisis? And why did this spark the blockchain revolution?
- What is Tulip Mania? And why is it related to crypto?
- What is Ripple? Get to know the technology behind this crypto.
These are just some of the hundreds of lessons and facts on the Binance Academy website.
3. The global Binance community kicked off 2019 with a meetup in Shanghai last weekend. During the meetup, members of the Binance team and community held an open forum, discussing what Binance has to offer this year. Here are some photos below.
4. Binance CEO Changpeng “CZ” Zhao was named CoinDesk’s Most Influential in Blockchain in 2018. The feature story on CZ — where he is called “Crypto’s King Midas”— can be read here.
Dapper Labs, the creators of CryptoKitties, even introduced a rare CryptoKitties character inspired by CZ. The special edition “Catzy” Kitty is on sale now and part of the proceeds will go toward Binance Charity.
5. Speaking of CZ, he ended 2018 with a wide-reaching message to all Binancians and the rest of the blockchain industry worldwide. Read his Year-End Review here.
6. And finally, in case you missed it, Binance had a very eventful 2018. We provide the highlights and the significant numbers depicting our growth here in this article.
That’s a wrap for last week! Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to stay up-to-date with our latest announcements. Join our official Binance Telegram group to participate in discussions with our users, staff, and volunteers.