Check out the biggest developments from Binance, its ecosystem, and the blockchain world between Nov. 15 and Dec. 15!
Binance Exchange Updates
* Binance launched the Stablecoin Market, or USDⓈ for short, featuring various cryptocurrency trading pairs using stablecoins as a quote currency. USDⓈ currently features trading pairs that use stablecoins such as Tether, Paxos Standard, TrueUSD and USD Coin.
* We have 18 new trading pairs: BNB/USDC, BTC/USDC, ETH/USDC, XRP/USDC, EOS/USDC, XLM/USDC, USDC/USDT, BNB/PAX, BTC/PAX, ETH/PAX, XRP/PAX, EOS/PAX, XLM/PAX, XRP/TUSD, EOS/TUSD, XLM/TUSD, REN/BTC, and REN/BNB
* These updates on listings and trading pairs increase the total number of projects available for trading on Binance to 151, with 398 total trading pairs, after factoring in the removal of trading pairs USDC/BNB, USDC/BTC, PAX/BNB, PAX/BTC, and PAX/ETH.
* We have debuted our new Sub-Account feature, which will serve corporate clients looking to set up multiple trading accounts within a single organization and provide control access on an account level. Here’s our guide on how to use the Sub-Account feature. Meanwhile, here’s the summary of features and functions available to master accounts and sub accounts.
* Meanwhile, we have launched a new trading analysis model feature, which you can see when you open Binance’s website on your phone’s browser. Here’s a screenshot of the feature.
* We also added a price alert function on the app. Through this feature, you can set your Binance app to give notifications when a crypto hits a certain price on a specific trading pair.
* We have also added a push notification function on our PC app, allowing you to see news flashes from Binance immediately. Stay notified while you trade using your PC.
* If you want to know what the different functions and uses of Binance Coin are, you can go to our newly-launched What is BNB page on the website.
* In addition, we have added a Blog section to the Binance website! This is where you can now view the latest news and information about the entire Binance ecosystem. Watch out for more content from the Binance team, and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date.
Binance Ecosystem Updates
A new preview of the upcoming Binance DEX went live last month. Binance DEX is made by the blockchain community, for the blockchain community, with support from Binance developers, as part of advancing our mission to spread the freedom of money. Watch the video here for more details.
We also announced plans to hold the inaugural Binance Blockchain Week in Singapore this January. Binance Blockchain Week, which will take place January 19-22, 2019, will highlight two large-scale events: a two-day hackathon known as the Binance SAFU Hackathon, followed by the Binance Conference. Register today before prices go up!
The inaugural Binance SAFU Hackathon will bring blockchain developer teams from around the world to build a safer environment for users to exchange cryptocurrencies. Winning teams stand to win US$100,000 in prizes. To join the Hackathon, please register here!
Binance Academy, the education arm of Binance, has released more than 450 blockchain and cryptocurrency articles and videos across 15 popular languages! Binance Academy features content in Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese.
Binance Labs graduated its first batch of blockchain projects from the Binance Labs Incubation Program. The 10-week program culminated in an invite-only BUIDLers Day, where the eight teams pitched to more than 150 of Silicon Valley’s investors.
Binance Labs will host its next incubation program across five continents, in Berlin, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong, Lagos, San Francisco and Singapore. Apply here.
This month, Binance Labs also made a $3 million investment in cryptocurrency OTC trading company Koi Trading.
Binance Charity launched new fundraising channels for Malta L-Istrina (supporting terminally ill patients and the disabled and disadvantaged demographics) and Uganda Bududa Disaster Relief on its website. Helen Hai, the head of Binance Charity, was recognized as one of the people on the “Ones to Watch” list at Bloomberg 50, with some of the nominees being part of the Bloomberg 50 themselves.
Trust Wallet users on iOS now have access to Bitcoin in their multi-coin wallet, after newly-launched support for the crypto. The crypto wallet app also started support for the ICON blockchain. Download the app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Binance Info launched the V Label Project, which recognizes projects that maintain and verify their own information on the Binance Info website. So far, 47 crypto projects have the V Label.
Meanwhile, the Binance Info platform now features 1,573 reports from third-party sources, adding 165 during the past month. You’ll also see new sections on the platform for revealing a crypto project’s venture capital backing and ICO information, as well as dedicated pages for each third-party report publisher.
Speaking of reports, Binance Research launched four new comprehensive reports on the following projects: Kyber Network, Republic Protocol, Mithril, and Pundi X. Also, its institution-grade reports are now available in Chinese.
Binance Online Activities
Binance Academy has an ongoing promo with 100 Trezor hardware wallets to be given away. Just fill out this security awareness survey and get the chance to win a Trezor hardware wallet. This promo runs until the end of 2018.
In the spirit of the holiday season, we are giving away exclusive Binance-branded merchandise and BNB. To join the Christmas with Binance Online Promo, all you have to do is post a creative photo or video with Binance Christmas decorations. We’ve even provided a link to the decor guidelines here.
Meanwhile, we worked with Decentraland for a series of promos. As part of the integration of Binance Coin and Trust Wallet in Decentraland's LAND virtual space auction, we committed a total of 1,875,000 MANA + 1 Binance-branded parcel of LAND as prizes to give away in a trading competition and a lucky draw.
We also completed the distribution of certain tokens for November. This includes NeoGas for NEO holders, Ontology Gas for Ontology holders, VTHO for VeChain holders, and Pundi X tokens. In addition, we supported the CryptoBonusMiles airdrop for Aeron token holders on Binance.
Binance Speaking Engagements
During the “Forbes Asia Forum: Decrypting Blockchain For Business” in Singapore, CEO Changpeng “CZ” Zhao shared his thoughts on several hot topics in the blockchain world, from stable coins and the current market to the upcoming Binance Chain. He even showed his newly-inked tattoo. To watch the full interview, click here.
Binance CFO Wei Zhou spoke at Beyond Blocks in Bangkok, reiterating Binance’s focus on building the ecosystem with plans to launch fiat exchanges in Europe, Asia, and Africa.
Chief Growth Officer Ted Lin spoke at IIeX in Bangkok and BlockShow in Singapore, on growth, community, leadership, and inspiration.
Binance Labs Director Benjamin Rameau spoke in Seoul at Inside Fintech Conference, Edaily Blockchain Forum, and BUIDL Conference, on the crypto investment landscape.
Binance Labs Director Ling Zhang was a featured speaker and panelist at laBITconf in Buenos Aires, talking about funding strategies in the crypto space.
TravelbyBit CEO Caleb Yeoh, the CEO of Binance partner TravelByBit, presents at TEDxBrisbane, sharing Binance's vision around the freedom of transactions and the freedom of money.
Binance Global Community Meetups
Seoul, Korea — November 16, 2018
Saigon, Vietnam — November 17, 2018
Manila, Philippines — November 23, 2018
Jinan, China — November 24, 2018
Delhi NCR, India — November 24, 2018
HEC Paris, France — November 29, 2018
Trust Wallet Meetup at Amsterdam, The Netherlands — November 30, 2018
Milan, Italy — December 10, 2018
Istanbul, Turkey — December 12, 2018
TravelbyBit + Binance Meetup at Brisbane, Australia — December 13, 2018
Caracas, Venezuela — December 14, 2018
Mumbai, India — December 16, 2018
Watch out for upcoming Binance meetups in many cities, including Manila (December 19), Moscow (December 19), and more!
Binance Global Partnerships
We announced our collaboration with Refinitiv, a know-your-customer (KYC) services provider affiliated with Thomson Reuters, for the use of automated KYC application on the exchange. This follows our existing collaboration with Chainalysis for cryptocurrency compliance and investigation services.
On this new section, we feature the latest stories and insights from the Binance team. Watch this space for more thought leadership pieces.
Are You Committed Enough to Tattoo? A couple hours of craziness, the stories behind the logo, and a lifelong commitment. CZ tells the tale of his Binance tattoo.
Binance: At the Forefront of Gender Equality in Tech. At any given day, several of the biggest decisions and moves in the Binance ecosystem are handled by women. Here are their insights.
Crypto Security 101, c/o Binance Academy. At Binance Academy (now in 15 languages), we regularly provide new lessons on blockchain, including topics related to security. And we are serious in our mission to educate the general public about security.
Interview with Trust Wallet CEO. We sat down with Trust Wallet CEO Viktor Radchenko to talk about his company’s combination with Binance and future plans.
Binance in the News
How Blockchain Technologies Can Enhance Cross-Industry Transparency: Interview with Changpeng Zhao, CEO of Binance (Inc.)