What is a tag/memo and why do I need to enter it when depositing crypto?
Tag or memo is a unique identifier assigned to each account for identifying a deposit and crediting the appropriate account. When depositing certain crypto, such as BNB, XEM, XLM, XRP, KAVA, LUNA, ATOM, BAND, EOS, etc., you need to enter the respective tag or memo for it to be successfully credited.
What transactions are eligible for Tag/Memo Recovery?
- Deposit to Binance accounts with wrong or missing tag/memo;
- If you entered the wrong address or tag/memo for your withdrawal, Binance is unable to assist you. Please contact the platform you are withdrawing to for assistance. Your assets might be lost;
- Deposit of crypto that is already listed on Binance. If the crypto you’re trying to retrieve is not supported on Binance, please retrieve it via self-service recovery.
How to fill in Tag/Memo Recovery application form?
1. Log in to your Binance account and visit this link.
2. Enter the details of your deposit:
You can use the search function to find the asset you want to retrieve. Please note that you can only apply for coins/tokens that are listed on Binance. If you can’t find the coin/token you deposited, please retrieve it via self-service recovery instead.
- Source address
Please fill in the sender’s address next to “from” or “sender”.
- Deposit amount
Please enter the deposited amount accurately. We support up to 8 decimal places. Please leave out the decimals after that and remove all separators.
A TxID/TxHash is an identification number that labels each transaction on the blockchain. Please make sure you copy the correct TxID.
Do not enter information other than the TxID here, such as deposit and withdrawal address, your UID or email address, etc.
3. Confirm your application details and click [Submit]. You can then check the application status from [Application Records].
- For the safety of your funds, your deposit will be returned to the original sender’s address after we confirmed your application. If the deposit comes from another platform, please contact the platform for assistance.
- If the tag/memo you filled coincidentally belongs to another user, your deposit might be transferred to that user’s account. We are unable to assist.
- We will collect fees for the retrieval service, which is five times the transaction fee of the crypto you’re trying to retrieve. If the amount of your retrieving deposit after deducting the fee is smaller than the minimum withdrawal amount, we cannot help you retrieve it. For deposit and withdrawal fees and minimum withdrawal amount, please refer to this page.