You need to complete Identity Verification in line with AML/CTF laws before you can deposit into your Binance account. Let’s see how to verify your account with your South African ID.
1. Log in to your Binance account and go to [User Center] - [Identification].
Click [Start Now].
2. Select your country of residence, you will see the list of verification requirements for your specific country/region.
3. Enter your details as they appear on your government-issued identity document:
- First name
- Last name
- Middle name (optional)
- Date of birth
- Residential address
Note: No Proof of Address is required for this step.
4. You need to verify your account with one of the following supporting documents:
- South African ID number (recommended); or
- South African National ID card; or
- Passport issued by the Department of Home Affairs.
5. You will also need to complete face verification. Follow the instructions to complete.
Please do not wear hats, glasses, or use filters, and make sure that the lighting is sufficient.
6. After completing the process, please wait patiently. Binance will review your details in a timely manner. Once your application is successful, we will send you an email notification.
For more details, please refer to How to Complete Identity Verification.