Occasionally, you may experience problems with your orders when trading on Binance. It could be due to the following reasons:
1. Your order is not being executed
Typically, your order remains pending due to:
- The last price hasn’t reached your limit price
- Price is fluctuating rapidly within a short period of time. There aren’t enough counterparties to match your order. Please note that orders on the order book are filled in a chronological order. There might be other orders in front of yours.
How to resolve it?
- Go to [Open Orders] to check your order price and see whether it has been matched with a counterparty order.
- If you would like to get your order filled as soon as possible, consider canceling it and submitting a new order at a more competitive price.You may also use a market order.
2. Your order is experiencing technical issues
Technical issues, such as unable to cancel your order, or the funds haven’t been credited to your account, require further support. Please contact Customer Support and provide screenshots of the following:
- Order details
- Any error code or message