This article currently does not support your language. Auto-translator is recommended for English.
Binance NFT Launches a Charitable NFT Collection by Djimon Hounsou & LÁOLÚ, Featuring African American NFT Art
The Binance NFT Marketplace is thrilled to announce the launch of the first-ever NFT collection - “Time to Heal”, by two-time Academy Award-nominated actor and humanitarian Djimon Hounsou and renowned visual artist LÁOLÚ. The collection will be available from 2021-11-10 04:00 PM (UTC) to 2021-11-15 03:59 AM (UTC).
The collection spotlights 6 unique portraits of Djimon Hounsou painted by LÁOLÚ (see sneak peek below), where the abstract image of Djimon was projected onto a physical canvas and subsequently converted to a digital NFT version.
- Promotion: Bid & Stand a Chance to Enjoy an 1-1 Video Call with Djimon Hounsou
The highest bidder among the 5 auction pieces will be invited to an one-on-one zoom session with Djimon Hounsou.
About the Collection
A powerful digital art series, TIME TO HEAL consists of five limited edition animated NFT portraits (Ìyàraẹniṣọtọ II, Inúfùfù, Ikọjalẹ, Ìyàraẹniṣọtọ 1, Mo Gbàá) and a surprise static NFT portrait (ọwọ Adura). All NFTs feature the portraits of Djimon Hounsou where artist Láolú applied his famous body art known as the “Sacred Art of the Orí”.
From left to right on the top: Ìyàraẹniṣọtọ II, Inúfùfù and Ikọjalẹ
From left to right at the bottom: Ìyàraẹniṣọtọ 1, Mo Gbàá and ọwọ Adura.
In this collection, LÁOLÚ painted Yoruba patterns and symbols related to alertness, compassion, and the quest for freedom onto Djimon’s head, right hand, and left shoulder. The result is an external reflection of Djimon’s inner essence as an African warrior of light.
The animated NFT portraits are one-and-only and will be available via auction with a bid price starting from 15,000 BUSD. The static NFT portrait, ọwọ Adura, is available at a fixed price of 350 BUSD per piece with 1,000 pieces in total.
A percentage of proceeds will be given to the Djimon Hounsou Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to reconnect the African Diaspora with the motherland and fight modern-day slavery & human trafficking.
Learn More About Binance NFT Marketplace:
- How to Deposit NFT on Binance
- How to Find Your NFT Contract Address
- How to Get Started with the Binance NFT Marketplace
- How to Buy an NFT on Binance NFT Marketplace
- How to Sell an NFT on Binance NFT Marketplace
- Find Out More About NFT Mystery Box Collection
Terms & Conditions:
- For the promotion,
- The winner will receive a notification email from the Djimon Hounsou Foundation (DHF) by 2021-11-30. DHF will contact the winner via email to coordinate the video call.
- Binance reserves the right to disqualify any participants showing signs of fraudulent behavior immediately.
- Binance reserves the right to cancel or amend any Activity or Activity Rules at our sole discretion.
Risk warning: Cryptocurrency trading is subject to high market risk. Please make your trades cautiously. You are advised that Binance is not responsible for your trading losses.
Thanks for your support!
Thanks for your support!
Find us on
Follow Binance NFT on
Binance reserves the right in its sole discretion to amend or change or cancel this announcement at any time and for any reasons without prior notice.