Due to large price fluctuations between 2021-02-22 14:20 (UTC) and 2021-02-22 15:30 (UTC), Binance Futures encountered heightened levels of traffic and system overloading.
Some users, including API users, were not able to execute the following actions, which may have affected their futures trading positions:
- transfer their funds which affected their trading collateral balances;
- view their open trading positions;
- view account balances;
- open and/or close trading positions.
Affected users can email email@example.com to request a claim. Please include the following information:
- email address of affected Binance account
- time period of affected futures trade
- the related order/position in your trading history
- total loss incurred
The claim requests will be reviewed and processed in the sequence they are received. In order to accurately verify each request with our system records, response times may be longer than usual due to our recent high volume of inquiries.
- Users were able to query via websocket and place orders via REST endpoint.
- Some users were not able to get assets and position information via REST endpoints.
Note: The announcement has been updated on 2021-02-24 to clarify the accessibility of websocket and REST endpoints.
Risk Warning: Futures trading carries a substantial risk and the possibility of both significant profits and losses. Past gains are not indicative of future returns. All of your margin balance may be liquidated in the event of extreme price movement. The information here should not be regarded as financial or investment advice from Binance. All trading strategies are used at your discretion and your own risk. Binance will not be liable to you for any loss that might arise from your use of Futures.
Thanks for your support!
Trade on the go with Binance’s mobile crypto trading app
Find us on