1. How does Binance Card work?
Binance Card enables real-time cryptocurrency to fiat currency conversion, enabling you to spend your crypto assets with merchants globally. Binance will aggregate the value of your Funding Wallet based on the market prices of your fiat cryptocurrencies. This aggregated balance will be displayed in the card currency (e.g., Euros). When you use your Card, this Funding Wallet Balance will be your available balance to spend.
2. In which order does the Binance Card use my cryptocurrency in the Funding Wallet?
The Binance Card uses an aggregate value of all your fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies (assets) in your Funding Wallet to make purchases based on the cryptocurrency order you set in the Card Dashboard.
The default order of assets in your Card Dashboard is as follows: BNB, BUSD, BTC, SXP, ETH, EUR, ADA, DOT. Our system will follow this order when you make a purchase with your Binance Card.
If there is enough BNB balance in your Funding Wallet, the purchase will be made solely by converting BNB into EUR; if not, our system will automatically check whether your BNB and BUSD balances can cover the purchase and so on.
The 8 assets are shown in your Funding Wallet by default. You may choose to hide small balances by checking the [Hide small balances] box above the list of assets.
If you wish to adjust the sequence of spending currencies, you can drag and move the cryptocurrency names to reorder. Please note that this function only works when the [Hide small balances] box is unchecked.
3. Will my payment be declined if the balance of my prioritized cryptocurrency is insufficient?
As long as the aggregated balance in your Funding Wallet equals to or is greater than the amount the merchant is attempting to charge, the transaction should go through. Binance will automatically use all available cryptocurrencies in the order you selected or based on the balance left in the Funding Wallet to complete the transaction.
4. Where can I use my Binance Card?
You can use your Binance Card anywhere in the world that accepts the network associated with your Card. Since Binance works with numerous networks globally, please check your Cardholder Agreement for details on the networks the card in your region supports (e.g., Visa).
5. How do I withdraw cash from my Binance Card?
The Binance Card generally allows you to withdraw cash from an ATM within the ATM limit as long as you are in a region that supports cash withdrawals. Please visit your nearest ATM and follow the instructions on the screen to withdraw cash. You will need your PIN to use the Binance Card in an ATM. For how to view your PIN, please refer to How to check your Binance Card details.
6. How do I use Binance Card to make transactions online？
You can use the Binance virtual card to make transactions online. Simply enter your Binance Card details on the payment page when you checkout. You will receive an in-app notification or verify purchase email from Binance. Verify your 3D Secure Verification (3DS) as instructed. After you receive 3DS confirmation, your purchase is successful. You can go back to the merchant’s website to check.
For how to verify your 3D Secure Verification (3DS), please refer to:
How to Verify Binance Card Transactions with 3DS?
What is 3D Secure Verification (3DS)?
To make credit card payments more secure, the European Commission (PSD2) now requires customers to complete additional verification (3D Secure Verification, or 3DS) to authorize their online transactions. When you make an online purchase with Binance Card, you need to complete 3DS before you can proceed with your transaction.
How to verify my transaction with 3DS?
1. You will receive an in-app notification and verify purchase email from Binance when you make an online purchase with Binance Card. To verify the transaction, click the link as instructed.
2. You will be redirected to login to the Binance App. If you have already logged in, you’ll be redirected to the Verify Purchase page.
3. Here you’ll see your transaction details, including the transaction amount, merchant name, date, and the last 4 digits of your Binance Card.
If you recognize this transaction, click [Next] within the time limit. If you want to cancel the transaction, click [Cancel].
4. Enter your Binance password or use biometric authentication to verify purchase within the time limit.
For security reasons, please note that your account will be temporarily locked after 4 unsuccessful attempts.
5. You will receive a [Purchase Verified] confirmation, your purchase is successful. You may go back to the merchant’s website to check.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What happens if I enter the wrong password?
You get 4 attempts to input your password. After that, your account will be temporarily locked for security reasons. Please contact Customer Support for assistance.
2. What happens if I enter the wrong OTP?
If you enter the OTP incorrectly, you can click [Resend] to get a new OTP and try again.
However, multiple incorrect OTP attempts might block your card temporarily. If that happens, please contact Customer Support for assistance.
3. I didn’t receive any emails or the link has expired. What should I do?
If you didn’t receive the Verify Purchase email from Binance or the link that you received has expired, you can retrigger the transaction at the merchant website. Please ensure that you have entered the correct Binance card details on the merchant’s payment page.
4. Will my Card be blocked after multiple incorrect OTP attempts?
Your card might be blocked after multiple incorrect OTP attempts in order to protect you from fraudulent transactions and phishing scams. Please contact Customer Support for further assistance.
5. I did not use my Binance Card but I received a Verify Purchase email. What should I do?
If you did not make any online purchases with your Binance card and you received a Verify Purchase email or in-app notification, please report it to Customer Support immediately as there could be a potential fraudulent transaction or your card may have been compromised.
7. When will funds be returned to my Funding Wallet in case a transaction is declined?
If a transaction is declined after the funds were deducted from your Funding Wallet, e.g., due to the ATM terminal’s technical issues that are out of Binance’s control. In that case, your funds will be returned in EUR equivalent to your Funding Wallet within 2 hours after the decline.